BNY says no more pictures

^^ this sums it all up perfectly, they've got 1 set of rules for some people & another set for others...just like when they told me 1 & 1/2 years ago their new official store policy was "3 exchanges per lifetime"...they informed me that they spent the entire day giving all of their customers that line...but when i posted about it on tPF, it turns out that i was the only person they told...since then, some people have been told about the "new rule" & others haven't...just like some people have been told they can buy tassels from them, while others have been told "no way jose"...and apparently, some people can get on waiting lists while others are told they don't exist & the list goes on & on :tdown:

Yikes, that is so horrible! I have neve been happy with their customer service. It just felt like I was bothering them when I was buying bags. I am so glad my local NM started carrying BBags a few months ago. I will never buy from BalNY again! :tdown:

I don't understand how a store can be so ridgid on their store policies. If they want to lessen return/exchanges, then just take pictures of the damn bag! Having said that, I've always gotten pictures although it took them several days to comply with my request. Ended up not buying from them....I went to AR instead.

I got told no to pictures quite a while back, and I think by any objective standard I'm one of my SA's really "good" customers. It was clear it was not a policy being set by the SA's, so I didn't protest or demand that
she do it anyway. I've seen others get pictures since then, some of which may be of bags that were photographed for customers before the change, were not purchased but whose pics remained on their computer and could be easily sent. I recognized at least one such picture. Some people may be really insistent, and that could account for other pics. I imagine it's hard to implement a new policy overnight, instantly. I doubt their plan is to implement it discriminatorily, though. That's not to say people have to love it and shop there if they don't want to. But I do a lot of long distance shopping at NYC boutiques and department stores, and have for years, and lots of them wouldn't even consider sending a picture, even for a purchase a lot larger than the average Balenciaga bag. So it isn't exceptional. Maybe not the smartest, but not unique.

This is ABSURD! Another reason to add to my list on why I won't buy from BALNY! They won't take a picture of the item I'm receiving, they expect me to blindly charge 1500 and not know the exact item I'm getting. No way JOSE! I'll take my business elsewhere.

^^ this sums it all up perfectly, they've got 1 set of rules for some people & another set for others...just like when they told me 1 & 1/2 years ago their new official store policy was "3 exchanges per lifetime"...they informed me that they spent the entire day giving all of their customers that line...but when i posted about it on tPF, it turns out that i was the only person they told...since then, some people have been told about the "new rule" & others haven't...just like some people have been told they can buy tassels from them, while others have been told "no way jose"...and apparently, some people can get on waiting lists while others are told they don't exist & the list goes on & on :tdown:

yep.....I stopped giving my business to them a loooong time ago. This, none of this surprises me anymore.

Gotta love the customer service these days...:tup:

Is it just me, or is all this info about not taking pictures anymore coming from one specific SA who can't be arsed taking pics anymore because she has a long client list and doesn't need the "hassle" (uh-huh, it's *hard* work taking photos!), because my SA has always sent me photos of bags I am listed for, and sometimes even when she gets a bag she thinks I will love.

Has anyone been told of the no pics policy from anyone other than Daphne?

Is it just me, or is all this info about not taking pictures anymore coming from one specific SA who can't be arsed taking pics anymore because she has a long client list and doesn't need the "hassle" (uh-huh, it's *hard* work taking photos!), because my SA has always sent me photos of bags I am listed for, and sometimes even when she gets a bag she thinks I will love.

Has anyone been told of the no pics policy from anyone other than Daphne?

Interesting question. I would also like to know the last time anyone on here got a picture. Seems they have been mentioning this new policy for a while now but are some people still getting photos?

I don't mind the policy as much as long as they are consistent with all customers. Anything other than that makes me mad. And as far as sending out existing photos of bags taken previously, I think that is a mistake on their part. It makes it look like they are giving preferential treatment to some customers (which, maybe they don't mind).

I got pictures last wk, can't remember which day because it's on my home pc and I am overseas now. This was when Bal NY got a shipment of giant hobos, and Kim sent me pics of a BG SGH hobo she thought I would like.

I got an email today too, abt a sgh black envelope flap available if I want to see it. It wasn't from Kim though, I think she's on vacation?

duh. I called around 11:30 am their time and was told me the same thing I was like what? lame. lame. lame. it has nothing to do with the SA Daphne, it's the idea. I mean- get a fricken camera!

and whatsup with sharing only one computer? I mean, might as well go old school and use files with cabinets! geez louize...sorry for the rant but dang- help a bbag addict out!

Here's my 2 cents on this most infuriating topic. Daphne said the same thing to me 2 months ago. I was begging for photos of different Tomato works so I could pick the leather of my chosing. My request emails went unanswered over many days. When I finally received a response, Daphne said that the manager had essentially locked up the camera as it was taking too much time to email photos.

Let me interrupt my rant by a detour rant on the topic of "things taking too much time": I work on average 70 ~ 85 hours a week. I work nights, weekends, and haven't had a vacation free of the burdens of work in over 8 years. I'm responsive to my clients and bend over backwards for them because they rely on me. To hear a fashion boutique tell me that something as simple as taking crappy digital photos takes too much time out of their oh-so-maxed-out day, but yes, please hand over $1500+ sight unseen, BOILS my blood :cursing:.

But it gets better. The very next day after Daphne had delivered this message to me, she emailed about 3 photos to a friend of mine. That day powderpuff also posted a new photos she or her mom had just received from BalNY. And since then photos have been flowing freely from BalNY.

So take with a grain of salt the official store policy of "we cant email photos anymore". Sometimes it simply means "you're not important enough for me to waste my time on." And no, I wasn't a photo request abuser. I'd only asked for pics twice, and BOTH times made a significant purchase based on the pics and have never returned anything.

Deco, you should have sent her one of your BalCO pics and told her "I work 80 hours a week, funny how I have time to send you a pic". I can just imagine her reaction on seeing yours... ;)

Jim

Well, I was treated nicely the one time I bought from BalNY, but I won't be buying from them again. I love our dear "E" and Aloha Rag...

It's a shame for the Twiggy lovers though because there are so few places that still sell them now.