bn1801 saffiano Helppp!

a.rose_m

May 16, 2014
hi all,
first thread i've made. for the past couple of months i've fallen in love with the bn1801 (small saffiano double zip), either black or navy. I feel black is a bit harsh and more for older women.

I'm 18 and at uni, I want to use this bag everyday. Would go out of fashion in the next 5-10 years?

Parents owe me an 18th birthday present so they would put money towards it- but i would pay majority of it.
Hawaii its 1730 + 4% tax = 1,800 US($)
or
Melbourne AUD$2210

currently with the currency rate its AUD 1940= US 1800

Parents could put AUD$600-800 towards it.

This would be my first major designer purchase, should i take this opportunity or keep saving? What are your thoughts?

I think that's a good choice. I've seen a lot of younger girls have that one. I would choose black because it matches everything. I think the beige/grey colours are lovely too. But depends on your style. It's also very durable and should handle being taken to uni often rather than a bag with more delicate leather.
If you like it, i suggest get it now :smile: Prices only go up not down!
I've got the the bigger version with no strap and highly suggest getting a style WITH strap. It's been painful on my arms and i don't know if i will ever buy a bag which doesn't come with a strap now! hehe

Are you going to buy the bag from Australia or Hawaii ?? If you are traveling or going to oversea you can buy the bag and get 10% gst back, so the bag is working to be just around $2000AUD. I bought BN1801 myself a month ago from DJ ( Syd store ) in Baltico colour ( very dark navy blue ) and the bag is perfect... Nice and dark colour but not typical black. I do own many CC bags and all in black. So I didn't want another black bag but not confident enough to bright colour either...good luck choosing the right colour for you

Are you going to buy the bag from Australia or Hawaii ?? If you are traveling or going to oversea you can buy the bag and get 10% gst back, so the bag is working to be just around $2000AUD. I bought BN1801 myself a month ago from DJ ( Syd store ) in Baltico colour ( very dark navy blue ) and the bag is perfect... Nice and dark colour but not typical black. I do own many CC bags and all in black. So I didn't want another black bag but not confident enough to bright colour either...good luck choosing the right colour for you

yeah that was the other option too: buy it in melbourne !
How much are you able to fit into your bag ?

I think that's a good choice. I've seen a lot of younger girls have that one. I would choose black because it matches everything. I think the beige/grey colours are lovely too. But depends on your style. It's also very durable and should handle being taken to uni often rather than a bag with more delicate leather.
If you like it, i suggest get it now :smile: Prices only go up not down!
I've got the the bigger version with no strap and highly suggest getting a style WITH strap. It's been painful on my arms and i don't know if i will ever buy a bag which doesn't come with a strap now! hehe

yes black is probably the way to go,
i most just a casual jeans, basic colours , smart casual
do you know how much they go up by?
haha yeesh the strap is a must!! must get tiring carrying it around like that all day

yes black is probably the way to go,
i most just a casual jeans, basic colours , smart casual
do you know how much they go up by?
haha yeesh the strap is a must!! must get tiring carrying it around like that all day
Without the strap is the worse when i'm shopping. I can't look at things with both hands. Can't pick up things when i'm buying them and keep looking. My arm has suffered many times so i don't take it with me out shopping often. Occassionally i take it to work where i drive to and from and all day sits in a cupboard safe and sound... and unseen! :sad: No one can appreciate it's beauty haha :biggrin: I carry half my life with me so i need a big size/heavy bag. I make my bf carry it when we're out lol Mine is in Baltico too! I was juggling between black and blue... blue is just too blue, so i was lucky they had very very dark navy almost black available at the time. If not my choice would be black!

Without the strap is the worse when i'm shopping. I can't look at things with both hands. Can't pick up things when i'm buying them and keep looking. My arm has suffered many times so i don't take it with me out shopping often. Occassionally i take it to work where i drive to and from and all day sits in a cupboard safe and sound... and unseen! :sad: No one can appreciate it's beauty haha :biggrin: I carry half my life with me so i need a big size/heavy bag. I make my bf carry it when we're out lol Mine is in Baltico too! I was juggling between black and blue... blue is just too blue, so i was lucky they had very very dark navy almost black available at the time. If not my choice would be black!

thats interesting to here, definitely will be going for the strap then!
hahah sounds like you've got a dedicated bf, mine would never do that for me!
how often do you think you would have used it? any wear and tear?
I've read so many bad reviews!

yeah that was the other option too: buy it in melbourne !
How much are you able to fit into your bag ?

I'm sure Bn1801 can fit heaps but I didn't buy the bag for that reason. I don't carry lots of stuff when I'm out and about but I need a bag that can fit heaps if need be. I use my bag all the time.....BN1801 is now my favorite everyday bag.

thats interesting to here, definitely will be going for the strap then!
hahah sounds like you've got a dedicated bf, mine would never do that for me!
how often do you think you would have used it? any wear and tear?
I've read so many bad reviews!
I've had mine for a year and i don't use it too often. But i did carry it almost everyday for 2 months straight and i didn't baby it and it was ok. But like i said, i don't use public transport or walk into things while it's on my arm so it's still like almost new :biggrin: besides a few water marks i got on it and cleans off easy with some leather cleaner. I also put leather conditioner all over and then sprayed it before using.I think protecting at the very beginning is a must for all leather if you don't want it to wear out fast. My saffiano wallet which i throw around in my bag has been really good as well. I've used it 2 years straight and looks brand new until close inspection and the edges have peeled a little which is normal. No scratches on the surface even though it does sit with my bulky sharp keys everyday :smile:
I just got a non-saffiano bag recently and am terrified of using it! There was also a massive marker stain at the base and i had to change it :sad: Check the bag well before you buy :smile: stitches at base, smoothness of leather and the cuts. Handles should be in perfect condition because you will wear it out the most. Buttons work and aren't cracked. Don't bring home a bag you're unhappy with! I couldn't sleep the night i found out my bag had a mark :sad:

I've had mine for a year and i don't use it too often. But i did carry it almost everyday for 2 months straight and i didn't baby it and it was ok. But like i said, i don't use public transport or walk into things while it's on my arm so it's still like almost new :biggrin: besides a few water marks i got on it and cleans off easy with some leather cleaner. I also put leather conditioner all over and then sprayed it before using.I think protecting at the very beginning is a must for all leather if you don't want it to wear out fast. My saffiano wallet which i throw around in my bag has been really good as well. I've used it 2 years straight and looks brand new until close inspection and the edges have peeled a little which is normal. No scratches on the surface even though it does sit with my bulky sharp keys everyday :smile:
I just got a non-saffiano bag recently and am terrified of using it! There was also a massive marker stain at the base and i had to change it :sad: Check the bag well before you buy :smile: stitches at base, smoothness of leather and the cuts. Handles should be in perfect condition because you will wear it out the most. Buttons work and aren't cracked. Don't bring home a bag you're unhappy with! I couldn't sleep the night i found out my bag had a mark :sad:

thank you so much!! So glad to hear that its holding up well
but yes i don't plan on filling it up - always. but its always nice to know you could fit more
i'll definitely be examining the bag!

I think you should go for the black- a great classic colour. Especially if its one u want to use for years to come you will never regret the black. And boy are you lucky to get this for your bday... So nice of your parents to help you purchase something so luxurious and lovely :smile:)

I think you should go for the black- a great classic colour. Especially if its one u want to use for years to come you will never regret the black. And boy are you lucky to get this for your bday... So nice of your parents to help you purchase something so luxurious and lovely :smile:)

thanks for that! i would like to use it for years!
thank you i'm very lucky, but i don't think my mum is too happy as she would love to have one of her own :angel: