BMW Key Fob fit into the 6 key holder??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. My DH ordered me a BMW and when I found out, I bought the Chanel 6 key holder. To my disappointment, the key holder doesn't close when I put the key fob into it. Does anyone else experience this? Seems like it defeats the purpose of having the key holder if the key fob can't fit in it :shucks:

2. Everyone that i know, that owns a Chanel key holder usually leaves their car key hanging on the outside of it and only keeps their smaller keys (house keys, mailbox) on the inside. I know it sortof defeats the purpose but i guess its like a fancy "key chain" lol! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458860061.189300.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458860074.297463.jpg

3. haha very true! IDK why I thought it would fit. But since I only have one other key...to me, it's sort of weird to have it..but I could make it work. Esp since I can just use it as a cardholder for errands and such too.

Thanks for restoring my love for it in just this one reply. haha

4. Yes, unfortunately it does not fit. I use the chain that you see at the bottom and attach it to the fob. The key fob just hangs at the bottom or folds nicely against the key holder. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458860479.432359.jpg

5. Well at least you'll still have your actual key in the key holder so it won't scratch the inside of the bag....The only thing I don't like about my Mini Cooper is the huge key fob so I've never bought a key holder but I think what the others are showing above looks perfect that way you don't have to pull the key fob in and out every time you lock & unlock the doors :smile:

6. I have a LV 6 ring key holder and my key fob fits perfectly in it! Have you considered that one?

7. My purpose of getting this key holder is to avoid scatches inside leather bags and since the clicker isn't sharp as other keys , I like to leave it outside all the time and I love it that way. If it doesn't serve your purpose, you should let it go. Cheers

8. I love my Chanel key holder! It's my favorite and most used slg. I'm not sure how big the BMW keys are, but my Mercedes key fits perfectly in there. I have my car, mail, and 2 house keys in it. I always carry my drivers license and a credit card in the back pocket.
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458924386.928826.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458924417.162137.jpg

9. oh wahhh! i'm really wanting the key holder but i want my bmw key to fit. hmmm

10. I ended up using the LV epi Rabat cles instead. I can fit the BMW fob inside and attach keys on the keyring. I can also got some cards and a lip balm for going out.

Attached Files:

11. #11 Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    I keep my car key separate since we valet park everywhere in LA or parking garages that are over capacity (i.e. work).

In my chanel key case, I keep drivers license, debit card, cash, mailbox key, house key and safe deposit key.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461043878.644516.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461043965.807284.jpg

12. HI all!

I sold my "useless" 6 key holder and bought this instead! I love this thing and how compact it is. While I won't be putting my keys inside, at least I can fit all my cards and a tiny thin lip balm inside!

Attached Files:

13. I love this!!! BTW, I love the dog key too! Glad you found something that worked better :smile:

14. Thanks, dear! Yeah it's so much more useful and the car fob can fit inside if I wanted to!

15. I just read this and wanna say wow, I love your problem!! :lol:

Enjoy your new car! I hope your DH talks to MY DH haha :smile:

-hugs-