Blushing problems

lylesy

Fendi Fan
Jul 15, 2006
I just started to use my zucca spy last month and I notice that the leather is blushing profusely. Has anyone had a problem with blushing after a month?

It seems odd after a month, unless it is under the metal rim, that area seems to get much wear from opening handbag. Why don't you post pictures for us....:yes:

I've had some slight blushing on my Honey Spy. It wasnt new in terms of how long I'd had it, but it was in terms of how much it had been used. I took it to Vegas with me, so I'm sure it got rubbed against any number things during the trip causing the blushing. But I wouldnt call it profuse....

please, please will somebody explain the meaning of blushing to me? I genuinley dont know what it means? I am assuming that it means the colour of the leather is rubbing off.....please let me know if that is correct or not?

Ptarmigan, I've always referred to blushing as color rub. I thought it was pre-mature wear to the top layer (color finish) on the leather that occurs mostly around the edges, sides of the handle or trim around the straps and bottom. I could be wrong.

This is a good question.

If you bought the bag from new, it really should not be blushing after only 1 month. The leather now adays is treated, so it takes a long while to blush. If the bag was new then I would take it back to the store where you bought it from, if you got the bag from ebay then it could be an old style bag, where the leather does blush, also if you did get it from ebay hope you check it out here first, because if its a fake then it would blush.

here are the picks

Attachments

• DSCN1411.JPG
    DSCN1411.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN1413.JPG
    DSCN1413.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN1423.JPG
    DSCN1423.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN1418.JPG
    DSCN1418.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN1426.JPG
    DSCN1426.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Funny thing, I have already taken it back to get the tube repaired (lost screw). I remember a NM rep telling me that after a year they are not responsible for any repairs, so I guess I have to send it back to Fendi, but I thought Fendi only repairs bags from their stores.

I would demand to see the manager at NM and kick up a stink really, failing that would try the manager of a Fendi store. Would not except that this happens to a over $2,000 bag, plus this is a known problem to Fendi. I think if you kick up a big enough stink about it you will get another spy.....

I think I will do that.

I spoke with a rep last week and she said they can send it back to Fendi but there will be a charge.

I dont think I should have to pay for that type of damage.