Bluefly: opened my package only to find.......

Oh no! I was wondering only this morning how your FB turned out...Don't worry, I am sure it's just been a packaging error and your FB is ready to go out. Worst case the packages were incorrectly labelled and your FB has gone to the wrong person. This would be a good thing, as you'll get it in the end...Keep us updated!

How terrible! But I want to thank you for sharing your experience. You were right in that email, and if they don't rectify this for you, they will never have me as a customer again.

Hi everyone, thanks to all for your replies and support! :heart:

Here is the very short email I received back from Elizabeth:wtf:, LOL!

Thank you for writing. We would be happy to assist you by phone. Just give us a call toll-free at 1-877-BLUEFLY (1-877-258-3359) at any time from 8:00 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST Saturday and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. EST Sunday. If you're outside the U.S., please call (614) 652-6701.

Thank again for shopping with us.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth
Bluefly Customer Service

I will be calling them tomorrow and if they are closed for the holiday, then on Tuesday. If they have not already experienced it, then they will learn about Bbag people, we ONLY want the bag.... the 10% off plus the expected refund are not even close to cutting it. :P

I'll update once I have spoken to them!!!!

Thanks again to all. :heart::yahoo::wlae:

Ugh, what a horrible mistake! Hope you get your bag soon. Were the boots at least nice?

Thanks! No, the boots are not that great for me now. I would have worn them when I lived in center city Philadelphia or Cleveland where I walked everywhere and it was very cold and messy, they are kind of an attempt to cross Uggs with LL Bean.... :graucho:

:tup:Blue Hour Girl, you ROCK!! I love your email to BlueFly!!! You were very clear in what you wanted and what you expected but in a very civil and respectful manner.
I just wish I could hear your phone call with them!!

a few things:

way to go for not 'settling' with some most likely automatically-generated BS (i'm sure they mix up boxes all the time, and these are the letters that people get). and way to go letting them know that you are clearly in the right here, and that their lame offer won't do - they messed up, and that's on them.

i hope you can just stand firm when talking to them on the phone! - i know that while i can be quite decisive and firm through writing, i am prone to getting bullied by well-practiced customer service people on the phone - i.e. they just repeat their BS replies, and i get frustrated and resignedly back down.

also, i've been scared to use bluefly since i heard about them selling fakeroos, but now i don't think there's a chance i'd shop there.

lastly, i LOVE VIOLAS!! well, violins, violas, cellos, i love them all - the sound of them makes me melt. what kind of stuff do you play?

I had a similar experience with an experienced seller about a year ago. I flipped out too....not just the let-down, but wondering if it was intentional...who had gotten my purchase, etc. It all turned out to be a giant, silly mix-up that took almost two weeks to clear up (that was just getting the packages back to their intended recipients), but it WAS just a screw-up. TRY (easier said than done, I know) not to worry until you actually get them on the phone. I'm SURE this was just a simple case of misdirected packages when all THEY were impatiently awaiting were their brand-spankin' new boots. Honestly, dispappointment aside, I'll bet the bank this is all resolved quickly and to your staisfaction. Fingers crossed for you. Make sure to post as soon as you talk to them.

Best of luck.

First of all, you guys are all SO sweet and I appreciate all the support and replies!:heart::heart::heart:

Thanks for the comments about the audition, it means a lot. BTW, for those that asked, I play the viola....

Here is the unacceptable email I received from Bluefly:

Thank you for your email. Please accept our sincere apology for the error and for any inconvenience that you may have experienced due to the receipt of an incorrect item.

Regrettably, the item you ordered is no longer available. To return the incorrect item to us, please follow the return instructions on the back of your packing slip. Of course, you will receive a refund for the item, as well as a refund on shipping costs. So that I can make sure that you are not charged for return shipping on your item, please send me the tracking number that is on the Return Mailing Label. Additionally, note on the invoice that the item sent was incorrect.

Bluefly is a company that prides itself on providing superior quality products and exemplary service. We value you as a customer and want you to be satisfied with your Bluefly experience. We would like to offer you 10% off of your next order with Bluefly. To take advantage of this offer, call Bluefly Customer Service to place your order. Please note that this discount may not be combined with any other promotional discounts.

Bluefly Customer Service can be reached at 1.877.BLUEFLY (1.877.258.3359). If you are calling from outside the United States, please dial 1.614.652.6701. Our FlyReps are there to serve you Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

We hope that this will not deter you from enjoying the many fine products available at Bluefly and look forward to servicing you in the future.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth

Here is my answer:

Elizabeth,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. However, this is not acceptable to me whatsoever. I spent a good deal of time tracking down that bag on your site as it is hard to get. I need Bluefly to hold one that is returned or make one available to me one that would be listed on the Bluefly site and offer it to me directly without going through hoops. It seems likely that someone received my bag, which is a 1k bag, for the price of a pair of boots. That is very frustrating to me. I know it is not your fault personally, believe me, I am not trying to be unreasonable. But the only thing I can accept is the purchase of a Balenciaga motorcycle bag, with the additional 20% off, as was the case in my botched order since the whole ordeal was a major problem on Bluefly's end, not mine. I will accept the following styles: Work, Weekender, or part time, all in either regular hardware or Giant hardware, any color but white or brown. I do know that since Bluefly prides itself on excellent customer service that this simple request can be met in order to meet my needs and expectations not to mention my future business. I posted this experience on a very large forum with over a thousand members, it would be good publicity to have my post end with a successful transaction in the end. In addition to my post stating my experience, I first posted that these bags were available immediately when I purchased mine and I guarantee there were very many sales as a result. Please correct this problem the right way rather than offer me only 10% off, as this simply is not indicitive of good customer service in my experiences. I'd like to repeat, Elizabeth, this is in no way just an irrate customer trying to blame a customer service agent, but rather an honest assessment and request for your help in this situation. I really want the bag, nothing else will do. Please let me know if my refund has already been posted and if not, then when will it be. Also, please let me know how to proceed. Please feel free to involve a supervisor or manager if needed. Many thanks to you and I look forward to a reply.
Sincerely,

Anyway, I'll post the results of this as I get answers. I figure that it would be a good thing for all to know if this gets resolved in my favor so that other PF'ers don't unknowingly experience this frustration when they expect a new Bbag only to get a random and unrelated item for a thousand bucks!!!!!

Thanks to ALL of you wonderful folks!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

sorry to post again....just went back and read your e-mail. Absolutely bang-on perfect. VERY reasoanble, civil and not at all personal - perfect. Keep up that tone when you're on the phone with them, and just be firm as hell wihtout losing it. It'll be worth it in the lobg run. Good lusck again. I truly think this is all going to work out just fine. Just STAY THE COURSE!! :yes: