Bluefly - designer bags final sale new policy

jroger1

Jan 13, 2010
I was looking at a bag on Bluefly this morning when I noticed the return policy was "final sale". I did a chat with customer rep & they told me all designer bags are now final sale. This is a big change - everyone beware - look carefully at the sale terms on any bags you are considering to purchase on Bluefly.

Wow! Their previous policy was always a reassurance to me that I could return something that wasn't as I expected. IMO, this will negatively affect their sales.

I definitely won't buy. And the discount isn't worth the risk. There's one Gucci bag I was eying (forgive me for cheating) and it was something like $50 off. Not even 10 percent.

I wonder what the rationale was.

But guys, it's only for bags marked 'final sale' - ? I don't see what the problem is. I read their return policy and it seems just like everybody else's ...?

Here's what they told me. It's for new bags that the new non-return policy will apply to - older bags already in stock when they started the new policy are still returnable. There is a "return policy" and a "final sale policy". Final sale items are not returnable.

Last edited:
I definitely won't buy. And the discount isn't worth the risk. There's one Gucci bag I was eying (forgive me for cheating) and it was something like $50 off. Not even 10 percent.

I wonder what the rationale was.

I was actually looking at Gucci too, I am considering the Miss GG in brown distressed & Twill Hobo in black.

Here's what they told me. It's for new bags that the new non-return policy will apply to - older bags already in stock when they started the new policy are still returnable. There is a "return policy" and a "final sale policy". Final sale items are not returnable.
I hope they've changed the wording on their web site. Don't have time to look right now... How can the poor customer know what is old and what is new? LOL. Well, Goodbye Blue Fly. Hey, it rhymes...

I hope they've changed the wording on their web site. Don't have time to look right now... How can the poor customer know what is old and what is new? LOL. Well, Goodbye Blue Fly. Hey, it rhymes...

Each item I browsed at is marked as such - 21-day return policy or final sale. Still, with their track record, I'm steering clear.

I think Bluefly is making a big mistake with this new "Final Sale" new policy. I did check, ALL designer bags are final sale. hello! even the CHANEL boutique or Dior boutique has a 10 day return policy for full refund! and of course Neiman Marcus, Saks, Nordstrom, Bergdorf Goodman... all has 30 days return policy. I will not feel comfortable to buy something thousands of dollars and can't see it in person first then can't return it if the item is not as described or just simply not looking good in person. boo bluefly! I will be buying from overstock.com

I think Bluefly is making a big mistake with this new "Final Sale" new policy. I did check, ALL designer bags are final sale. hello! even the CHANEL boutique or Dior boutique has a 10 day return policy for full refund! and of course Neiman Marcus, Saks, Nordstrom, Bergdorf Goodman... all has 30 days return policy. I will not feel comfortable to buy something thousands of dollars and can't see it in person first then can't return it if the item is not as described or just simply not looking good in person. boo bluefly! I will be buying from overstock.com

Agree.. buying under these terms are very challenging to say the least