Bluefly Chloe's authentic?

peachylv

O.G.
Apr 15, 2011
I searched for threads regarding Bluefly selling Fake Chloe handbags, but the most recent posts were from 2007. Are the Chloe handbags on Bluefly authentic now? I've only bought denim from them and an usually at LV (land of no sales ever), so I'm truly ignorant.

I have been wondering this same thing myself. Thank you for posting this question. I look forward to hearing what others have to say. I don't understand how their inventory can turn over soooo fast with all the good bags ending up "out of stock" or "in another shoppers bag" even though I check a couple times a day! And the prices seem too good to be true!

Last edited:
I have been wondering this same thing myself. Thank you for posting this question. I look forward to hearing what others have to say. I don't understand how their inventory can turn over soooo fast with all the good bags ending up "out of stock" or "in another shoppers bag" even though I check a couple times a day! And the prices seem too good to be true!

You're welcome. The Marcies(except for the lightest colors) are gone within hours. There were 2 crossbody bags on there today. By the time I checked, one was sold and the other was available, but in another shopper's bag in a few hours. There are definitely some Chloe stalkers out there. If they are indeed authentic, I guess the best strategy would be to A. Have the money for what you want and B. Get up early and be ready to pounce on what you want

Bluefly is supposed to sell authentic items. However, I have heard that they have received some fake bags from some of the suppliers they bought from. You can do a search on this forum. About a year or so ago, Bluefly received a bad batch of Gucci bags from a supplier and sold them on their website. So, you do have to be careful and know how to spot a fake and authentic bag.

2 of the 3 Chloe bags I received from them were in perfect condition just like the ones you see at major dept. stores. One of the Chloe's had a dent on the flap (it was Marcie).

Also, they don't have a lot of inventory of one particular bag. That's why you see the fast turnover. They may only have 1 or 2 of any particular bag unlike the major dept. stores which usually have more. So, most of the popular bags can sell out within hours of showing up on their website.

Thank you Pharmdtran. Now I understand how it works. I think I recall hearing about the fake batch of Guccis. I'm so glad you explained how Bluefly works. I've bought jeans from them (I know the sizes I wear in different brands). I just wanted to know if it was worth the risk with bags.

They also got a shipment of fake Bals.

I ordered a Chloe Studded Coin Bag on bluefly a couple of weeks ago - it's still in the mail, but I shall report back. Thus far I've ordered two RMs - granted, not that the market on RM fakes as it is LV, Gucci, et. al - and both have been authentic, if that calms your mind. :yes:

Thank you Cait, it does ease my mind. The Marcie crossbody is in my price range, but the other Marcie bags are pushing it a little. I don't mind pushing my budget for a gorgeous Marcie, but if I dont have to, it would be nice.

I've purchased 2 Chloe's from Bluefly. My first Chloe was a Betty tote several years ago and last year a Marcie in Ash, both are fine. I also bought a Gucci (leather) Britt bag several years ago and it was authentic.

I thought I'd update - all in the clear with the coin bag. The tag for the coin bag is damn near exactly the same as the one that was attached to the Paddy I bought in person at Bloomie's.

JME, but all in the clear for Chloe at Bluefly... as of now.