Bluebell Alexa Mini - too mini?

Amachelle

May 9, 2014
Hi all,

I've just purchased the above bag from HOF. Its beautifully made and the leather is a fabulous shade of blue.

I can fit my large purse, phone and keys inside with a bit of room to spare which is great.

My only concern is, is that I am 5" 9 tall and worry about me looking like I am carrying one of my kids bags. I am medium build so by no means petite.

I also have a reg Alexa which is great but I wanted something smaller that was hands free for when I'm dashing about with the kids.

Luckily buying from HOF I have got 14 days to get a refund if I can't live with it.

Can I get some opinions from you good ladies? Anyone with a mini or considered one have this issue or train of thought?

Thanks all

I may be biased as I am
A hug fan of the mini alexa as a dashing around in the day bag, but I think they look good and not childish.

I have the raspberry mini which I know can be a bit love/hate for some people but I love having a bit of colour to an outfit when the rest of the outfit is jeans and tshirt!

I'm also not petite, I'm 5'6 and currently sporting a rather sizeable bump and still get compliments on my bag.

I do also find the amount of stuff you can get inside it is deceptive!!

Decisions decisions!! Just showed it my mum who is even taller than me at 5" 11 and she loves it and says it looks lovely!!

I know its only me who can decide but its very confusing :smile:

I'm 5' 7", size 8/10, 50+ years of age (!) .. had lexi in all 3 sizes - OS way too big, Mini way to small, regular perfect !!

I just couldn't seem to get anything in the mini, it felt like a bag i'd only take out if I were going to carry a tissue & a lipstick TBH ??, but, I also had a small Bryn which, though a diff' shape is, just about, the same dimensions as mini-lexi and, in small Bryn (admittedly with no spare space) I could carry all the things I'd normally put in regular Lexi ?!!!!!

Like all our bags , it is totally a matter of personal taste, if you can get in it what you need / want to, and, if you love it .. keep it, it really matters not one jot what anyone "looking at you" thinks about it as long as you are happy.

xx

I'm nearly 5' 3" and absolutely love my mini Alexa. I would say the only time it may look odd on you if you were to try and wear it cross body as it would then sit too high up on you.

I've had this exact dilemma with 3 Mini Alexas. I don't carry much day to day so I found the size fine, loved the long strap and everything about it really but... there was just this little niggle that it looked too dinky-dolly. Friends said it looked great but I still ended up selling it. Tried again... and again... but couldn't quite hack it. That's not to say that I mightn't try again! Good luck if you decide to go for it - it's a smashing little bag and as Holls says, the only thing that matters is that you're happy yourself.
You should probably keep it for as long as you can and try it over and over again. In the recent past, in my confusion, I've bought a bag from HoF, returned it and next day bought it back Lol!

I haven't carried my mini yet but do fear it looks too small mi wanted to use it hand held and it seemed I at 5'4" had a child's bag. Worn on the strap it was less a problem. Still waiting to see what will fit (it is next month's bag).

I love my mini Alexa, I'm 5ft 8 and don't think it looks too small on me, but I'm not a fan of large bags!

That makes me feel better as we are similar heights.

I do think its really lovely, I just think its maybe the size of it in relation to the price too. Don't get me wrong its beautifully made and you pay for what you get but its still pricey.

Think I may be more inclined to keep her as she is so cute and totally different to my other bags. Just gonna hide her in the wardrobe for a few weeks from hubby ;)

Thanks for all your input guys :smile:

Mini alexa in a standard colour (black, oak) doesn't suit me but when it's a bright colour it compensates somehow. Like, if it was reg or oS in a bright I feel it's too much statement but for some reason mini it's just perfect. I am 5'7

I'm 5'10 & recently bought this exact bag. I love it, but I haven't bought it as an everyday bag - I like to carry this size of bag when I'm on holiday and am travelling light with just essentials (usually purse, sunglasses, lip balm & small sunscreen). It is actually bigger than I expected...