Blue spots on peacock leather

saarnold02

Loving Speedy!
Jul 24, 2009
I just recently searched everywhere and got a peacock MAM and I'm starting to notice something really weird about the leather. On the front of the bag there are these TINY blue spec, and they're starting to appear at the top of the bag as well. At first I thought it might be denim transfer, but some of the places it's popping up could not be touched by my jeans.

Does anyone know what's going on with this? I spent so much money on this bag and now I am extremely worried about the color of the leather :s

I had a peacock Nikki and the same thing happened. I think it must just be something with the leather and usage. I was very careful with it and know it was not caused by anything other than natural causes.

This is really a shame and a disappointment. I have only used this bag for a week and I have been very careful with it. I saved a lot of money for this bag and I really can't afford to simply switch because it's so gentle. :sad: It does look like the periwinkle issue, not quite your pictures elsie, but the other pics that were posted.

Does RM do anything to rectify this situation?

saarnold, I'm sorry that your poor bag is showing spots. :sad: I sent my bag off to RM for them to look at (and to consult with the tanneries about). I don't think they know much about this problem -- I got the impression that I was one of the first people to contact them about the issue. Hopefully I'll hear something soon after the tanneries open back up in September.

It might be worth sending an e-mail to Sarah at RM about this, if you're concerned. As far as I know, I have not yet heard about this problem happening with Peacock leather.

saarnold02, I am really sorry this is happening to you.

I have a peacock Nikki and have to warn you that peacock can also be very prone to permanent water spots - there are some posts about this in other threads. So be careful with your peacock bag in the rain - and also when you're just washing your hands in Ladies' rooms, this is how my Nikki ended up with spots all over it!

I know how disappointing it is that some of the RM colors look gorgeous but just don't wear well compared to other brands. I also have a mint bag, and it shows the dark blue color breakthrough. Some of the RM leathers are tough and resistant, but for the price, it shouldn't be such a lottery.

I emailed Sarah about this...I am awaiting a reply. I cannot being to express my disappointment. What gets me too is that I have been VERY protective of this bag and have not let it out in the rain. Hopefully Sarah will have a solution. I love the color of peacock leather, but if I must, I'll exchange it for a darker color :sad:

saarnold02, keep us updated! I'd be interested to know if this is related to the periwinkle issue.

I had the exact same thoughts about buying a darker color as well. :s

Aww :sad:sorry to hear that you experienced some issues with your bag. I hope that doesn't happen to my MAC Seaglass since it's so light colored. Thank you for sharing your info and I know to be more careful with my bag even though I sprayed it with Wilson's leather spray protector.