Blue Nile 18K white gold bezel diamond necklace

foodjunkie8

I <3 Shopping!
O.G.
Nov 24, 2009
Hi all,

I recently purchased this necklace and didn't know about the Build Your Own Pendant option. I feel like such a moron. For the amount I paid, I could have gotten a larger solitaire and I'm kicking myself for rushing this purchase. With the Living Social voucher, I paid $1500 for this necklace. I'm researching the customized Build Your Own Pendant option and could have easily gotten a .50 ct in a platinum setting within the same price point.

I'm most likely looking into returning this bezel necklace but I'm annoyed at myself and paranoid about shipping it back.

Am I crazy? Should I just keep it?

image-3153912126.jpg (from website)

image-3423776370.jpg (actual picture)

I think it looks very pretty on you but if you are uncertain then rerun it. Why don't you ask Blue Nile their suggested method for returning. I'm sure they will say to insure it. Can I ask what the Living Social voucher is?

Ok I've got my mind set! I'm returning it......and exchanging it for a .5 ct solitaire bezel in 14K white gold. It stinks they didn't have 18K and the platinum required a round diamond 1 ct or greater. That's too rich for my blood at the moment! Or they also had the platinum single drop bezel for $1000 but I wanted the one with ears.

I can't wait for it! (about 2 weeks ugh). I'm so nervous mailing the old necklace back but I hope it is received without being misplaced!

Thank you all very much for your input :smile:

MyDogTink said:
I think it looks very pretty on you but if you are uncertain then rerun it. Why don't you ask Blue Nile their suggested method for returning. I'm sure they will say to insure it. Can I ask what the Living Social voucher is?

The Living Social voucher was $75 for $150 to use on Blue Nile.

Hey...when you ship it back just make sure that it is shipped with insurance and some sort of confirmation that someone signed for it. Once you get the confirmation, call the company...they should send you an e-mail of some sort once they receive it back; I can't imagine that a well known purveyor of expensive jewelry wouldn't handle returns with a decent amount of care.

arcaedia said:
Hey...when you ship it back just make sure that it is shipped with insurance and some sort of confirmation that someone signed for it. Once you get the confirmation, call the company...they should send you an e-mail of some sort once they receive it back; I can't imagine that a well known purveyor of expensive jewelry wouldn't handle returns with a decent amount of care.

Oh without a doubt! Thanks for the reminder!

Here is my new necklace! I LOVE it so much more than the previous! I hate that in order to get a platinum setting, you needed to purchase a diamond 1.01 ct or bigger. Anyway, here is my .5 ct in WG.

image-1626074834.jpg