Blue jean: does it show dirt?

kenzie1980

Patina in progress
Feb 14, 2008
I'm eyeing Sandia's lovely blue jean box Kelly and wondered whether it was practical for everyday use in warm weather. Does it get dirty easily? I tend to shy away from lighter colored bags, but this one is gorgeous!

Yes, but according to Claude and straight from the craftsman's mouth a little soap and water and it will look new.
He really said it's all right to do that.
It will make the Bleu Jean vibrant again.

I looked at the kelly on eBay. It's gorgeous isn't it? Also a reasonable price. I like SandiaExchange, they seem to have a steady supply of new as well as pre-owned Hermes items at reasonable prices. And they take cc too which is cool to rake up points.

My Blue Jean HAC is holding up exceptionally well! I don't see any wear or dirt, and think this color shows LESS dirt than my gold vache liegee. But one trick I have learned is that using a plain baby wipe easily removes dirt without harming the leather. HTH!

I have a BJ togo Trim and I have not seen the handles darken or the bag show dirt. A box leather would be more problematic for everyday use. I think the scratches are going to show more on the ligher leather than on a darker color. I have seen the bag pics and while it is very lovely, it doesn't strike me as being an everyday bag.