Blue India and Leather Treatments/Conditioners?

marae

bling n' bags!
Oct 22, 2006
I'm trying to figure out if I should condition my new Blue India Day or leave it au-natural.

Has anyone treated a Blue India b-bag and if so, with which product, and did it change the look at all? aka make it more matte or similar? Change the color at all?

I know it's a new color so it's hard to say how it wears without a treatment or with, but just curious if anyone has a BI on what they have done and how it's worked so far. I am not getting my bag on my greedy little arm til Xmas so I have some time to figure out what I want to do. Bal NY and my local retailer said DO NOT treat it...that it turns out much softer and squishier long-term if you do not. :shrugs:

THANKS for your help in advance!

I don't think it necessarily won't get softer if it's treated but as far as wearing without a treatment, it's treated before sold retail so it should wear just fine. It'll mattify some with useage. I wouldn't put anything on it for a few years, and even then, if it absolutely needs it.

thanks surferchick...i would prefer not to treat it if it doesn't need it.

i posted this in that other thread too but about treating the handles, i'd like to put protectant on them to keep them from darkening too quickly, but will that change the color or the shiny/matte look of the bag? i don't want to only treat handles and find that it changes them significantly enough that they look visually different from the rest of the bag.

thanks!