Blue epsom leather help!!

ms007

For Love of Hermes
O.G.
May 17, 2009
I only have a few hours to decide but have been offered a blue electrique birkin but it is in epsom leather. As many of you know I have been waiting for this color just wish it was togo. For all you ladies who own epsom, how does it wear?? And in a color like this will the corners wear easily because I am OCD about that. Please help!!

Finally our color has come in for you! I have an epsom RT Kelly. I know I will prefer to not do epsom again unless it is a MUST have Grail color (and there is only 1 color I can think of right know that would make me cave into getting another epsom). I RARELY use her and do not mistreat my bags but I have noticed (sorry but I am anal about markings on my bags) tiny marks on the corners where the color has come off from my basic usage. Now it is still a great leather, good for wiping off water, or dust and dont get me wrong. I just also prefer the feel of Togo, swift, etc over epsom. Put it this way, if I was to order a bag it would not be in epsom. However, I know certain colors are simply not available in anything but epsom and in that case (just like it was for me with RT), if you do not think you will get this opportunity again for BE and if it is your GRAIL color, I would say, get her use, her with caution, enjoy her and you should be fine. In the end H spa can always fix her up again.

Thanks glamourbag!!! I am so anal about my bags too and it is sooo much to spend on a bag if you don't love it. But it is blue electrique!!! Aahhhhhhhh!!! I am going crazy.

is it a bi-colour one with white stitching? if it is i would get it, otherwise maybe wait for the togo to arrive if you have an SA who will keep it for you....the only reason i bought my epsom birkin and kelly is because they were both bi-colour and i happened to like the colour combos! and also epsom is lighter than the other leathers especially in size 35. i haven't used them much so can't talk about corner wear but i do have a kelly wallet in orange epsom that i used all the time in the last 6 months and it is not showing wear and tear at all...

Epsom is not my top priority leather choices...I had just few chance to acquire birkins, and they were epsoms and I had to pass it on... since I am worried about the wear as well. If I wanted something rigid, I would go with box leather instead of epsom.

I do have to add though, despite my hesitancy, color on epsom is usually pretty fabulous. So I KNOW Blue Electric will be stunning. Please approach with concern but I would hate for you to miss out on it.....

Reactions: papertiger
I bought an epsom bag once, but I will never do that mistake again: the corner started showing wear after just a couple of uses. Even if it is my dream colour, I will not buy epsom leather. Hope it helped :smile:

i ADORE bleu electrique... epsom not so much :-s

that being said, i did take my BE constance in epsom because i didn't think i'd ever have the chance to own a constance in BE... (i think it only comes in epsom in the constance)...

so... basically, i'm no help :P

I have a RG kelly in epsom and I have no problems with the wear, although I don't use it daily. I also have a bearn epsom wallet that I've used daily for 4 years, it's still in very good condition considering that it get tossed around in my bags all the time.

Ok ladies so I am trying to talk my DS to go take a look at it for me even though she wanted it for herself but my SA said only I can buy it or else it goes to next client on the list lol!! Will let you know what I decide shortly!!

Ok so after much contemplating I passed on this (i still can't believe I am saying this) BE /mykonos birkin. Aaahhhhhh!!! Just couldn't wrap my head around an epsom birkin. Oh well some lucky lady is about to get a call...gosh I hope I don't regret this but I already do!!! All my BE accessories are still waiting for the matching bag!! Boohoo!!

I guess you've made your decision already but I had to say that I would have taken the bag.. ;) I used to dislike epsom until recently I've noticed what a nice leather it is for daily use! Especially in Birkins I like the fact that epsom makes the bag much lighter to carry, it doesn't stain and holds it's shape well.. I have carried my indigo epsom Birkin a lot lately and I haven't noticed any huge discoloration in the corners though I'm quite rough with my bags and carry them in a relaxed matter. But whatever decision you made I'm sure it was the right one to do!

Ah, I just read your latest post, so you decided to pass.. If it wasn't your dream bag then it was the right thing to do! I remember how I "hated" epsom before and wouldn't have wanted to buy one- I totally understand your feeling. Maybe in some years or in a different life situation you might reconsider an epsom bag but until then you shouldn't buy one if you don't like it. I'm not a fan of swift and I rarely carry my swift bags. Such a waste- I don't buy them anymore as they get no wear.

Ah, I just read your latest post, so you decided to pass.. If it wasn't your dream bag then it was the right thing to do! I remember how I "hated" epsom before and wouldn't have wanted to buy one- I totally understand your feeling. Maybe in some years or in a different life situation you might reconsider an epsom bag but until then you shouldn't buy one if you don't like it. I'm not a fan of swift and I rarely carry my swift bags. Such a waste- I don't buy them anymore as they get no wear.

Yes if only I were there to feel it and carry it, it may have been a different ending. But I did not want another 5 figure bag sitting in my closet unused:P
My SA already sold it to somebody else.