Blue de prusse - Yay or nay

Blue de Prusse in Togo - Yay or nay?

• Total voters
What is your opinion on the colour Blue de prusse in general and your opinion on Blue de prusse in Togo? Would you recommend buying a bag in this combination? Is the colour a darker blue or a more grey blue in daylight?
I haven’t been able to see it in person just on pictures. I even checked the thread on blue color family pics (https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/blue-color-family-pics-only.100918/page-8) but it's difficult to tell since there is variations in the pictures probably due to different lightning. Sometimes blue de prusse looks like a lighter version of blue de nuit sometimes it looks blue with a lot of grey and sometimes even blue with a bit of green depending on the pictures.
So I don’t really know what to think of this color. Any help is highly appreciated!

I have BdP in togo from 2009 or 2010 and it is a gorgeous neutral navy blue with no green undertones. In my opinion, it is a darker blue, but not as dark as bleu nuit. From that color family link you posted, I would say the Lindy and Birkin in posts #109 and #110 are good representations of the color.

Reactions: MlleBougainvillier
Used to own a BDP garden party. It’s a beautiful blue. Very neutral. Almost a dark denim blue. Goes well with neutrals.

And oh my that blue on swift is gorgeous. As my GP was Negonda, the blue didn’t pop.

If you found one BDP in a bag combination you like, if you can, take a look first. It might need the “right” leather to bring out its beauty.

By the way, I’m bias. Always like blue bags that I have to stop buying new bags in blue :P

Reactions: MlleBougainvillier
My B de P in a kelly in box has a slight green undertone. To me it's a dark blue that approaches a blue teal but doesn't quite make it b/c there's not enough green in it. Sunlight shows the truest color. (We all know that). I like the color. There's a picture of my bag from 3-4 years ago or so and it looks a lot like Madame Bijoux's kelly shown in this thread.

Bags aren't made that much in box anymore, right? Mine was acquired in 2007 and needs a spa b/c I used it so much.

I have BdP in togo from 2009 or 2010 and it is a gorgeous neutral navy blue with no green undertones. In my opinion, it is a darker blue, but not as dark as bleu nuit. From that color family link you posted, I would say the Lindy and Birkin in posts #109 and #110 are good representations of the color.

Thank you for your detailed answer - it helps to a lot, especially knowing that you still love it more than 10 years later!

BDP is beautiful. Mine is Swift.View attachment 4999012
Just gorgeous, thank you for sharing the pictures!

Thank you all so much for sharing your experience, pictures and advice. I highly appreciate it! It’s great to read all your posts - especially knowing that you use a bag so much that it requires spa treatment or that you owned it for a long time - a sign that it might be a keeper color that you don't get tired of!

Reactions: eagle1002us