Blue Croc Peyton on website

Wow all sorts of stuff is re-emerging on the website today.

Makes you wonder if JAX was just 'holding out' on all of these bags to create a sales frenzy over them again.
I wouldnt put it past them in this economy........

Are you thinking about getting this one Nancy?

I just told my husband, and he thinks this is the funniest thing, and also the fact that we're all sitting here watching the Coach website. :P

Actually he said he's personally going to be pissed if they made more oil slicks (he was there for the "speech" about how exclusive it was at the boutique).

Hmm...maybe I'll try to buy the green Croc...:graucho: Actually, I really have a feeling that there is a glitch and most of these bags are not really available...unless because of inventory and consolidation, they have found a handful more!

I just told my husband, and he thinks this is the funniest thing, and also the fact that we're all sitting here watching the Coach website. :P

Actually he said he's personally going to be pissed if they made more oil slicks (he was there for the "speech" about how exclusive it was at the boutique).

Hmm...maybe I'll try to buy the green Croc...:graucho: Actually, I really have a feeling that there is a glitch and most of these bags are not really available...unless because of inventory and consolidation, they have found a handful more!

I was just looking at that too Baglady, I love the green one! I don't know- there's just so much out there tonight, I don't see how it can be a computer glitch!

I find it odd that all these bags are still on the site also, if they really aren't available. You'd think the "webmaster" would have fixed it by now with all the calls that must be flooding in to JAX.

Wow, those crocs are TDF!! <sigh> If only I had an extra $1200 lying around :rolleyes:

Funny, there are several "sold-out" styles appearing on the website tonight. I swear none of these were on here yesterday:

12802 Faux Croc Peyton
12930 InLaid OpArt Julianne
12961 InLaid OpArt Sabrina

I just called to inquire and they are not showing stock for any of the above.

The CS Rep said that the website problem had been reported because they've received calls all day today.

I guess I am not the only one who visits the site multiple times a day!

^^^This also goes for the Fashion Patent Sabrina (aka 'Oil Slick' Sabrina) #13233.
Either is is a miracle re-appearance, another production run of them or it is a computer glitch!
SUPPOSEDLY, there were only 24 of the oil slick Sabrina made.....

Several ladies ordered this today so we will have to wait to see what the deal is on these.

I wonder how this 'technical difficulty' can occur on multiple style numbers and on the same day?
And they are currently still up on the website. :shocked:
You would think that the webmaster would have rectified problem and removed them by now!

It is an error. There's another thread on all the mysterious stuff showing up. Somebody tried to order something hoping it would work and she got a reply that it was an error. JAX also told a Coachie the same thing.

I was pretty sure all of this was an error, but I decided to try to investigate further. Last night I decided to try to order the oil slick, and almost ordered it from coach.com. However, I called first, and I was told they had only 1 in stock. I thought this was strange since multiple ladies had ordered it earlier when the count was supposedly at 1. I pushed the rep a bit and explained the situation, and she said on her end it was just showing one, and that any orders made online, etc would knock out that inventory. After talking with her, I became convinced that it's a glitch, and the only question in my mind is whether earlier it was not...or it was all along. In other words, did they originally have a handful of stock from consolidation and/or inventory. So it became apparent to me that probably the ordering system and inventory count were not "talking to each other" at the very least.

As we know they do sometimes seem to find stock from the "closets". And yes, it's also possible that some/all of these bags were replenished. All that said, in case there really was one in stock and somehow they had to sift through orders and didn't take them in a first come, first serve manner, I decided it wouldn't be very nice of me to order it for the heck of it. Actually, if I got a second one I would keep it!

Anyway, in theory, I would think the webmaster would correct the issue, but I suppose if they don't know which items are affected, and that has to be confirmed physically, or going back and doing a checks and balances, that could take some time. I don't really see it taking HOURS, but nevertheless... We all know this company falls short in so many ways on occasion, and their database is at the top of the list in my book!

I still see the croc Peytons, so I will probably call and try to investigate that as well. The reason is I had thought of purchasing one and then waiting for PCE, so I called a few days ago to see if there were any of these bags in JAX overstock or in the stores, and I was told absolutely nothing. So they either got more from some source, or this is definitely an error. I have the blue croc, so I will probably be checking on getting the green.

Oh, and Nancy, at least the older stock crocs say "Bleecker Street".

I ordered the oil slick through the website yesterday around 4-5ish pm pst and today I just received a email from them that my order is canceled. So, I think it's just a computer glitch. And I think they have already fixed it, because when I tried to search for the oil slick, it doesn't come up anymore...

Last edited: