Blue Birkin Dilemma Giving Me the Blues

scndlslv

Feb 9, 2013
Great State of Texas
Hi, ladies!

In December of 2016, I was at the George V boutique in Paris looking to get a watch. After the SA and I finalized the watch purchase, she asked if I was looking for anything else, to which I replied, "Yes, I'm looking for a Birkin." She asked me what colors I was interested in and I gave her a specific list of 3-4 colors.

The next day when I came to pick up my watch, she had a B waiting for me. However, it wasn't any of the colors I asked for, although it was the gorgeous color Blue Nuit. I'm a very organized person and have already identified the specific colors I think will comprise the perfect Hermes bag collection for me. I had decided I wanted the Blue Electric as the "blue bag" in my collection. But when I got offered the Blue Nuit, I figured this could fulfill the role of my blue bag since I can't justify having two blue Bs and a B in the hand beats two in the bush. Right?! LOL!

In the months I've had the Blue Nuit bag, I've only carried it 3-4 times. Not because it's not lovely, I just work from home and don't have a lot of opportunity to carry it. Also, my other dark neutral B is Raisin and in all actuality there aren't too many instances where I'd carry the BN instead of the Raisin. They're both equally great dark neutrals.

So here's the dilemma, do I keep the Blue Nuit which is probably more versatile than Blue Electric, or do I sell it and wait for my heart's desire (I really love a bright, royal blue bag!)?

Here's a comparison with the Raisin.

**Chanel**

Trying to b good ^_^
O.G.
Jan 31, 2009
Escaping from Ban Island;-)
Honestly, I really love Bleu Nuit and I also love Raisin. I think you have two fabulous Birkins and IMO they are different enough to keep both.
I think BE and BN are also totally different. So perhaps isn't it an idea to keep both and look for a BE bag later? Perhaps in a smaller 30 B or a Kelly if you like Kelly?
I would not let this BN go already, you might regret it once it is gone. If it really doesn't work for you and if you still feel the same over a couple of months, you can always sell it later.
To me, both of your Birkins are beautiful classics.
Take your time to think about it, perhaps try your BN with different outfits and who knows, you might fall in love with your BN Birkin down the road ;).

hoot

O.G.
Apr 18, 2007
Both are dark toned neutrals so I understand your dilemma. Blue electric or a different lighter, brighter blue would give you more variety. Good luck!
On a side note: is blue nuit a regular color that is offered all the time or seasonal? It's gorgeous!!

Reactions: scndlslv

Notorious Pink

Hermès PurseBlogger!
O.G.
Jun 8, 2007
New York
Honestly, I really love Bleu Nuit and I also love Raisin. I think you have two fabulous Birkins and IMO they are different enough to keep both.
I think BE and BN are also totally different. So perhaps isn't it an idea to keep both and look for a BE bag later? Perhaps in a smaller 30 B or a Kelly if you like Kelly?
I would not let this BN go already, you might regret it once it is gone. If it really doesn't work for you and if you still feel the same over a couple of months, you can always sell it later.
To me, both of your Birkins are beautiful classics.
Take your time to think about it, perhaps try your BN with different outfits and who knows, you might fall in love with your BN Birkin down the road ;).
[emoji651]️This![emoji651]️[emoji1360]

Reactions: scndlslv

rania1981

Jun 16, 2011
H Heaven
I saw this thread and rushed over immediately! I have been waiting for BE and My store hadnt ordered it for a few sesons, now they have so the wait continues.
And in the meantime I have been offered all sorts of blues (ranging from atoll to the newer zanzibar) and have declined...i always wonder if i should get one to tide me over till i get my be, but its too big an investment to settle for a different blue....you could let this go if it meant more funds for your perfect blue, especially since you have a gorgeous dark neutral in raisin

marbella8

O.G.
Jan 27, 2009
I personally love be over bn, if I am looking just at th colors. That said, I have a navy Kelly with ghw and find it so useful, more than black, or other colors. Also, I wouldn't get a be in a Kelly or B 35 bc I personally would find it overpowering on me, but would go for a darker color like your raisin or bn.

Your issue is that the raisin and bn fit the same purpose. I really want a Rouge-H Kelly, but for the same reason as you, I can't justify it as it is akin to a navy.

Given all that, keep the bn and use it everyday for 2 weeks, then do the same with the raisin and whichever you don't use, sell, and then wait for be in a smaller size.

bagalogist

O.G.
Apr 1, 2008
H Land
BN is a very versatile dark neutral, I think it can also stand the test of time. I suggest you try it for a couple of months, if it still doesn't make your heart sing, sell it and wait for BE.
Our preference for color may change over time.

I user to collect all the bright and saturated colors as Hermes does color so well, recently, I started to swing to the darker neutral. The dark neutral is travel friendly as it doesn't shout ' look at me'

Apr 21, 2016
If possible, maybe hang on to the BN until you get the BE and see how you feel then? Agree with others that your taste for colours might change over time and you can always sell it later...And that goes for how you might feel about Raisin over BN, too.

Reactions: lulilu and scndlslv

weibandy

O.G.
Jan 26, 2007
I think you answered your question in the last line of your original post.

Your heart's desire is BE. This blue nuit is causing you stress. I think you will be happiest to see the Blue Nuit find a new home and get your bright blue bag when available.