Blue and white striped lining

Shelby33

I can keep rhythm with no metronome.
Sep 12, 2015
I've been looking through the old threads, and there were a LOT of people who not only didn't like that lining, but would not buy a bag with that lining. I think some of her best leathers came out with that lining! Here are 4 Nikkis, also my Black Cat MAM has that lining. People really missed out!
These pictures were taken with flash and empty just to show the leather which is GORGEOUS!
Purple Mini Nikki, Noir (lamb), Cranberry (lamb), and Periwinkle (lamb). 20201104_182539.jpg20201104_182742.jpg20201104_182618.jpg20201104_182822.jpg
Does anyone else have any of these great bags?

These are all SO LOVELY. It wouldn’t stop me from buying a bag with it, but it does give me pause. I’m rehoming my scarlet Nikki. I don’t love glazed leather and the lining makes it easier.

Reactions: Shelby33
I've been looking through the old threads, and there were a LOT of people who not only didn't like that lining, but would not buy a bag with that lining. I think some of her best leathers came out with that lining! Here are 4 Nikkis, also my Black Cat MAM has that lining. People really missed out!
These pictures were taken with flash and empty just to show the leather which is GORGEOUS!
Purple Mini Nikki, Noir (lamb), Cranberry (lamb), and Periwinkle (lamb). View attachment 4897976View attachment 4897977View attachment 4897978View attachment 4897979
My sunshine mam has this lining-i dont mind the lining at all!

Purple Mini Nikki, Noir (lamb), Cranberry (lamb), and Periwinkle (lamb). View attachment 4897976View attachment 4897977View attachment 4897978View attachment 4897979
These are all gorgeous bags @Shelby33...I especially love the BC MAM!!! I have two bags now with this lining...my brown MAB with siggy HW and my newly acquired Roadie...both have amazing leathers! I will admit, that this is not my favorite lining but I still consider it more of an old school lining. I think this color bled a little too?? I remember some complaints about that. My least favorite lining is probably blue polka dot...it seems that soooo many bags have that lining. I refuse to buy a bag with that lining!
I hope I'm not upsetting anyone with that lining, it's just my personal opinion.

Reactions: JenJBS
These are all gorgeous bags @Shelby33...I especially love the BC MAM!!! I have two bags now with this lining...my brown MAB with siggy HW and my newly acquired Roadie...both have amazing leathers! I will admit, that this is not my favorite lining but I still consider it more of an old school lining. I think this color bled a little too?? I remember some complaints about that. My least favorite lining is probably blue polka dot...it seems that soooo many bags have that lining. I refuse to buy a bag with that lining!
I hope I'm not upsetting anyone with that lining, it's just my personal opinion.
My main issue with the dots is the nameplate. Or lack of.

Reactions: Antonia
Do you think I need a Roadie?

Hmmmm.....YES! I got mine for $25 plus shipping so it was a no brainer! However, the ones I see now are a little pricey! Have you been looking? I find it very comfortable to wear-it's the perfect cross body bag!!!
My friend has one, she loves it. I don't own any crossbody bags... I'm thinking about it though!

Reactions: JenJBS and Antonia
my new (to me) MAB has the blue and white stiped lining.....I neither love or hate it. it's fine with me. I have two bags with the black and blue dot lining. that doesn't bother me either. I find it interesting that some people hate it. I know RM bags are known for the different linings and it's useful for identifying the age of the bags. but other than that, I'd be fine with solid black or grey linings.

my new (to me) MAB has the blue and white stiped lining.....I neither love or hate it. it's fine with me. I have two bags with the black and blue dot lining. that doesn't bother me either. I find it interesting that some people hate it. I know RM bags are known for the different linings and it's useful for identifying the age of the bags. but other than that, I'd be fine with solid black or grey linings.

I have such a visceral reaction to some of the linings lol

I have such a visceral reaction to some of the linings lol
funny I don't much care....my mattie has black and white paisley or floral and due to the age it's somewhat yellowed. if it was black or another color that probaby wouldn't have happened. doesn't bother me that much but I think a lot of people here prefer those B/W linings

I agree! Can't stand this lining.