Blue about my new shoes

ohbytheway

O.G.
Jul 7, 2009
My hubby just can't understand why this is so upsetting but I need to vent about it.

I stalked a pair of wedges for 4 months. I checked everyday on-line and waited and waited till they went on sale. I finally purchased them and wore them for the first time Saturday night. I can honestly say they are the most uncomfortable shoes I have ever worn. My feet hurt so bad by the end of the night I was almost willing to walk in bare feet. They are so pretty, I still love them but I will never ever wear them again. I am so bummed!!!

Maybe they can just be "restaurant shoes", which are ones that are so uncomfortable you can only wear to walk from you car to your seat at the restaurant.

Sorry about your shoes, though!

Aww, what a dissapointment. Are they comfy enough to use as Resturant shoes? Pics please-perhaps if you can I.d the uncomfortable parts, we can suggest some supports you can add to the shoes.

agree with the ladies above...some shoes aren't meant for walking for long periods of time or dancing, etc. just for looking pretty

I always walk somewhere in flats and change at the place, it's saved me a LOT of pain

i would keep wearing them for short period of time...after about 10 wears if they are still that uncomfortable then just put them at the back of your closet.
restaruant shoes is a good idea.

That's too bad I hate when that happens. Maybe you can wear them around the house to try and strectch them a bit or as mentioned only wear them when you won't be walking or standing alot.

There's a "friends" episode just like this ... Monica buys a new pair of boots but can't walk two feet in them. I'm so sorry but I do hope you'll try to break them in. You never know...

I agree with everyone here, give it some time and a couple more wears and then if not, then restaurant shoes.

However, please post photos of the shoes and where they are uncomfortable, because many, many of us on here are high-heel wearers and have experienced similar problems and then solutions. Pads in the front have made shoes I could barely wear (restaurant shoes) to actual party shoes that I could stand on for a couple of hours!

ITA with everything everyone has said, try wearing them around the house with socks for 10 min a day this should help, also you can try wearing them when you dont need to do much walking. Can you post a pic??? are they open or closed???

If you like them, don't give up.
Practice, wear them again for long period, to stretch them. It will be painful at the begining but after stretching they will be more confortable.
But for this, you have to deal with the pain and not to think to give up.
In my case it worked!

What's wrong with them? Is it ball-of the foot pain that you could use gel pads to alleviate? Do they rub somewhere that you could use moleskin or a thin heel grip for? What about blister block? Will they break in? Don't give up! There are lots of ways to make shoes more comfortable.