BL's Chamois Edith

Plus side - it's quite a wrinkly one, which lots of people like (I do). I'm biased about the colour because mine's a Whiskey which I love because it's so rich, but the Chamois is very pretty and maybe works better if you want it to look less briefcase-y,

Everyone - I got my whiskey today and I am definitely lukewarm on both the whiskey and the chamois. I don't understand what happened because I saw the pictures of everyone's and absolutely loved their bags! :cry: I will probably return both of them to NM's.

Daisy - It does. I don't know what it is. it just feels different from what I expected it to be like (even after having seen it in rl). The other thing is that I can't picture much to wear with it. I am typically more boho than anything else. :sad:

Yeah, the leather on the whiskey was scrumpled or scrunched or whatever you call it. I don't get what my problem with it is. I was so excited to get this bag too and was 110% sure that I was going to love it, and then it arrived and I am completely lukewarm about it.

Both look very pretty - I haven't seen the chamois IRL but yours seems nicely balanced in wrinkly texture. Hard to see the whiskey - pebbled or smooth under all those wrinkles? I agree it's hard to get past the briefcase-y-ness. But if you let them stick around a few days they may oddly grow on you! I was totally lukewarm day-1 then kinda freaked out about my whiskey....:love:

Of course, Blugenie's whiskey is a stalker! :lol: In scrunching my whiskey Edith around, I noticed that the bottom of the bag is REALLY pebbly, like a Paddy, but the sides are not so much. Not pebbly, but I think wrinkly and a bit textured, but nothing like the bottom. The sides are more pebbly, too. I think it adds character. Is anyone else's like this on the bottom?

ET - I notice the same thing on the whiskey. The bottom part is pebbled like the paddy, but the upper portions are smoother. On the chamois, the bottom isn't as pebbled as the whiskey one is. Both are very well constructed bags.

Bluegenie - I am going to sleep on it for a couple of nights and see what happens. I got the chamois on Thursday, but the whiskey one today. The whiskey color definitely was deeper and richer than I thought it would be (even though I knew it wasn't the same as the whiskey paddy, I expected it to be somewhat close).

I hate returning bags too and I seem to be doing it more often than ever before. I am also thinking about getting rid of the emerald twiggy and it's only seen the light of day once. I am having a mid-bag season crisis!!!!

That's funny:
I hate returning bags too and I seem to be doing it more often than ever before. I am also thinking about getting rid of the emerald twiggy and it's only seen the light of day once. I am having a mid-bag season crisis!!!!

But you're right ... I've gotten and returned alot more bags this season than normal too (might be because there is just such a large selection/variety out there). But I firmly believe that if I am not feeling the bag (especially such an expensive bag), that I shouldn't force myself to like it. I know my style and what I feel comfortable carrying. It's odd but I find that if I keep taking a bag out over and over to look at it,, that is a sure sign for me that 'perhaps I really am not liking it'. If I am happy with it, it stays in it's cover until I use it :weird: . But as everyone says,,, you can sleep on it for a few days... plenty of time to return it.

My whiskey is pretty pebbly all over, except for the front pocket (and the flap on that is uber-pebbled). Perhaps the pebbles prevent the wrinkles...? Since getting a good wrinkly one seems difficult I'm trying to convince myself the pebbles will make it hardier in the long run....hmmm.

I was really impressed with the Edith Whiskey color - is it Daisy's pic that shows the diff between whiskey edith and paddy? I felt better about sending paddy packing since that shade just didn't work for me.

goldensx5 - so funny that if it's a good bag it can be put away! When I'm in love they sit where I can see them until company comes calling!

blugenie said:
My whiskey is pretty pebbly all over, except for the front pocket (and the flap on that is uber-pebbled). Perhaps the pebbles prevent the wrinkles...? Since getting a good wrinkly one seems difficult I'm trying to convince myself the pebbles will make it hardier in the long run....hmmm.

I was really impressed with the Edith Whiskey color - is it Daisy's pic that shows the diff between whiskey edith and paddy? I felt better about sending paddy packing since that shade just didn't work for me.

goldensx5 - so funny that if it's a good bag it can be put away! When I'm in love they sit where I can see them until company comes calling!

I think the pebbly-all-over Edith would be fabulous! And my bags sit out, too...they are lined up on the bookcases in my bedroom. Of course, if you put Chucky in a bag, he would probably crawl back out and come watch you.:lol: