Blowout tips??

20051129102B.JPG

Get This Look: Victoria's Secret's "Very Sexy" Backstage Beauty

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]By Erin Skrypek[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Fashion Wire Daily - New York - It was about 110 degrees backstage at the Victoria's Secret runway show that took place a few weeks ago. Not because there were an unusually high number of barely-clad supermodels crammed into a small basement room in Manhattan's Lexington Avenue Armory building, but because there were an equally large number of hair dryers blowing hot air into a room that would have inevitably been uncomfortably warm anyway, thanks to the number of models, makeup artists, hair stylists, photographers, film crews and journalists already packed into it.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Still, as painfully hot as it was, any man on the planet would have probably sacrificed a year's worth of his salary to stand in that very room, sweat dripping down his back, in silent prayer that one of the incredibly short, red silk Victoria's Secret robes that was barely covering the world's sexiest bottoms would slip just so… [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]But then again, everyone can see Gisele's bum and the better part of Adriana Lima's boobs for free if they watch CBS on Dec. 6th, when the Victoria's Secret show will be broadcasted. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]While men may have their own reasons for watching the show, women have theirs: We want to know how to ooze sex as naturally as these "angels" do. Which, we are well aware, doesn't necessarily mean we have to don a fur trimmed red mini, thigh high "Santa" boots, a diamante bra and have our boyfriend call us "Mrs. Claus." Even if we exchange the bras, panties, garter belts and high heels for a tracksuit and sneakers, and simply get the model's hair and makeup right, we'll be making our own Very Sexy (™) statement. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Fashion Wire Daily went backstage not to see naked supermodels, but to get the details on how to get that signature Victoria's Secret look. We got the lowdown on the hair, the makeup and all the products you'll need TO make any room you step into feel as hot as it was backstage at the world's sexiest runway show. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Let's start with hair. Hairstylist Italo made everyone's hair very long and, as he described it, "super sexy." [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]"It has a very South of France, Brigitte Bardot feel to it," Italo said as he dried a five inch hair extension. "I use a big, round brush and dry the hair in two inch sections. I use the 'So Sexy' mousse and the 'Shine Serum' while the hair is wet." [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]But doesn't shine serum go on when the hair is dry? [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]"It can, but this one is great on wet hair," said Italo. "It will get rid of all the fly-aways." [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Italo set the model's actual hair in medium rollers, then added the hair extensions - no matter how long their hair already was. "See this V-shape," he asked when holding up the extension he was currently styling, "We put this on the back of the head so the girls will have this long, layered, wavy, beachy hair." [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]To keep the look in place, Italo polished the hair off with the 'So Sexy Spray' and sent the girls to makeup artist Linda Hay and her crew to get their makeup finished. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]It was Hay's first time doing the show. "It's really an honor," she said in her so sexy British accent. "I've actually dreamed of doing this… It's really amazing." [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Hay said the Victoria's Secret look is "easy: dewy skin, dark thick lashes, a neutral mouth and a pretty rose cheek." It might sound easy, but to do the makeup of 28 models before what is probably the most highly publicized fashion show in the world, even Hay needed a bit of help. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]"This made it really simple: The 'Make Me Gorgeous Supermodel Kit' [from Victoria's Secret Beauty]," Hay said. "It's coming out for the holidays. It's universally designed to work on everybody, no matter your coloring. It's really foolproof. I used the 'Make Me Gorgeous Pink Shimmer' over the 'Cheeky Blush' on the cheek and 'Beauty Rush' gloss on the lips, but I don't think these"- Hay held up five candy-colored "Beauty Rush" glosses for FWD to see - "are coming out until April." [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Hay also used Golden Nude, Hazel Brown and Maple Brown eye shadows and Mink Brown eyeliner, all Victoria's Secret Beauty, to create a smoldering eye that looked both natural and seductive - the lid was clean and the lashes extraordinarily - and so sexily - full. "I put lash tips on and then put layers and layers of black mascara," Hay told us. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Any trick to putting the lashes on? [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]"The trick is not to use too much glue on the lash and let it dry so the glue is a little tacky before you actually apply it." Hay likes Vincent Longo lash tips and Duo glue. The mascara she used for the show was Victoria's Secret 'Very Sexy™Lashes' in Black. The more you layer it, the more "bedroom" your lashes look. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]To give the body a heavenly shimmer, Hay and her crew used Victoria's Secret "Give Me Glow Luminous Body Lotion" and the "Give Me Glow Luminous Powder." [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Almost everything used in the show can be purchased at Victoria's Secret stores nationwide as well as on VictoriasSecret.com: The Official Site of Victoria's Secret, which makes getting this look particularly easy. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Try it out, and don't worry about what to wear with your Bardot hair and luscious lashes. Once your other half sees how hot you look, clothes will be besides the point. [/FONT]