Bloomsbury Strap Cracking

meeh16

O.G.
Sep 8, 2011
I brought my bloomsbury bag during our Europe trip which serves as my go to bag. Have it for over a year but only last month did I used it non-stop.

One day when we were in Paris, I saw that the strap split (the brown coated leather). The split is at the end where the strap was sewn after it loops on the bag (don't really know how to explain it). I will take a pic as soon as I get home.

I brought it to the flagship where they said it is normal but will not somehow affect the strap/bag.

Was wondering if anyone else have this happened to their blooms. Mind you I only have put my wallet/sunglasses on it as hubby carried all of our stuffs in his backpack

I brought my bloomsbury bag during our Europe trip which serves as my go to bag. Have it for over a year but only last month did I used it non-stop.

One day when we were in Paris, I saw that the strap split (the brown coated leather). The split is at the end where the strap was sewn after it loops on the bag (don't really know how to explain it). I will take a pic as soon as I get home.

I brought it to the flagship where they said it is normal but will not somehow affect the strap/bag.

Was wondering if anyone else have this happened to their blooms. Mind you I only have put my wallet/sunglasses on it as hubby carried all of our stuffs in his backpack
Hi there....I actually had this happen last year(I posted in bloomsbury)within a month of having it,(it was barely hanging on by a thread)they sent me a brand new one,than within a month it happened again!however I live in Canada and because the leather is coated it's very hard until you break it in...the sales as in Edmonton was amazing,and I just was careful with the 3 one til I was able to soften the leather now I've had no issues....and I love to purse!

Reactions: rlms
I wouldn't accept that it's normal. If you can, go to another store and explain that you have hardly used the bag despite it being more than a year old. They may charge you given that it's older than their usual one-year 'warranty', but you never know your luck. If you get a nice SA they might give you a replacement strap or even a new bag. I don't think it should have cracked. Hope they resolve this for you.

Reactions: rlms
I wouldn't accept that it's normal. If you can, go to another store and explain that you have hardly used the bag despite it being more than a year old. They may charge you given that it's older than their usual one-year 'warranty', but you never know your luck. If you get a nice SA they might give you a replacement strap or even a new bag. I don't think it should have cracked. Hope they resolve this for you.
I would definitely talk to your sales associate.I hope they find a way to take care of it for you:smile:

Totally agree with this great advice!

Here it is without flash

image-4184964649.jpg

With flash

image-1581490260.jpg

Other strap

image-3960974147.jpg

What do you think? Is this normal?

Attachments

• image-159227216.jpg
    image-159227216.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 580
  • image-669209176.jpg
    image-669209176.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 592
  • image-1153766288.jpg
    image-1153766288.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 599
I don't have a LV near me. The only time I get a bag is when hubby is on his business trip hence the reason why when I noticed it while in Europe, I brought it to the store but the Repair Department at the flagship told me it is normal and that if won't affect the bag in someway.

It is inside the strap so it is not visible from outside but I am just worried it will get worse over time