Bloomsbury Owners: Is this Normal?

Surreal25

May 1, 2014
Please help! Just received my Bloomsbury PM today after ordering from the website. Does this look like a normal zipper to you? It seems to be sewn evenly, it just sticks up/down unevenly--regardless of how much is in the bag. Really hoping this is normal for this style and not a defect, since the rest of her is perfect! Thank you, in advance, for any help!

Attachments

Surreal25

May 1, 2014
Miss_Pinar, I could kiss you! Thank you! 866 told me it was normal, but not sure if I believe them. They tend to make things up with their best interest in mind, in my experience. Hopefully more people can chime in. Really don't want to have to drive to the store and be the crazy lady that inspects all the bags, but I will if this is a defect!

Last edited:

BleuSaphir

Gimme Louis Vuitton!
O.G.
Nov 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
glenngeertsema.rodeore.com
Instead of coming to the store and complain...just come in and compare different stocks to yours. If none of the stock of this model, where the Zipper pull doesn't bulge like it does in the picture, I can believe it defective. And then ask to exchange for the perfect one then. :P

Surreal25

May 1, 2014
Bulge! That's just the word for which I was looking! Two stores have now confirmed their stock is the same. I live so far, I don't want to make the drive for nothing. Just wanted to get TPFers' opinions, since I trust you more!

HeartMyMJs

.:LiveLoveLaugh:.
O.G.
Oct 29, 2009
It looks normal to me. I have had mine for years. Here is mine just to show you.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411680111.346757.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411680131.456593.jpg

Surreal25

May 1, 2014
HeartMyMJs, thank you so much for going to the trouble of taking a pic. To me, yours does not bulge in many places like mine...

lshcat

Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 31, 2010
Midwest
Hmm, okay sorry to add a little skepticism to this thread but I've owned 2, and I've never noticed anything wonky like that. Not even when each was newer. Does it look even (the fabric) on each side of the zipper track? Where it might just lie down/flatter over a little use and time? Maybe that's all it needs. But bottom line if you're not happy for sure exchange it.

Attachments

Surreal25

May 1, 2014
Thank you for your response, Ishcat. The fabric looks perfectly even, that is what is so confounding. Can't figure out mechanically what would make it do this.

HeartMyMJs

.:LiveLoveLaugh:.
O.G.
Oct 29, 2009
HeartMyMJs, thank you so much for going to the trouble of taking a pic. To me, yours does not bulge in many places like mine...
No problem. I would just exchange it if you are not happy with it. Good luck!

Surreal25

May 1, 2014
Sounds like there is nothing with which to exchange it. My store has two and an SA told me they were both the same :sad:

Surreal25

May 1, 2014
So, drove to store and the ones they had were truly the same. Love the bag, so I'm leaning towards keeping her.