Bloomsbury or odeon

I think the Odeon is much prettier, although I understand the Bloomsbury is very sturdy. I may be nuts, but to me the Bloomsbury always looks like a fake LV. I don't know what it is about it, I'm just not feeling it.

Hi. I just went to LV in Mclean, VA, tried on many bags, including Bloomsbury PM and GM. I was looking for a messenger-style bag larger than the Biosphore (which I have carried for the last few yrs when doing casual things and running errands), with some depth, but not so thick and wide.

The Bloomsbury PM, although of similar depth as the Biosphore, is more accommodating -- i.e. I can put Blackberry, mobile phone, 2 wallets, checkbook, keys AND compact, without the bag looking bulgy. The width and height of the bag make it more versatile than the Biosphore. And it doesn't turn color like the regular monogram version of the Odeon or the Biosphore.

The Bloomsbury GM, which I also tried, was too big for my body frame (5ft3in). The GM size was WIDER than my body from the side view. It looked like I was carrying a super large reporter bag.

Last but not least, the Bloomsbury has zipper closure; very important for someone who flies a lot. I don't want things to fall out while the bag is passing through x-ray security check. Also the PM size is small enough to be taken onto the plane and placed in the backpocket of the seat in front of me (in case I run out of space to put luggage on the plane).

I have Odeon mm. Even though I think bloomsbury is a pretty crossbody, I chose odeon because I already have to damier bags. I love the way it ages with pretty, even patina. Hope you are happy with you're choice.

Need your suggestion, bloonsbury or odeon mm. I want to use it for travel of also for every day. What do you think?

Hi dsrm! Apologies for piggybacking on your thread.

Am also looking for a crossbody bag and these are also part of my choices. But i have a 3rd one -- Speedy 25 Bandouliere.

Am thinking by now you've bought either odeon or bloomsbury and that you're loving it. So which one did you finally get? And did you ever consider the Bandouliere?