Bloomingdales - welcome to Dubai Mall

Hi, I am travelling to Dubai for the World Cup meeting and I came on the shopping site to see if anyone had any shopping recommendations..

So a visit to the Dubai mall is a must, where elso do you suggest?

Have been to Dubai. It's OK though I prefer Oman. No offence to you Emirati ladies.

The Malls however are spotless. And ladies don't worry about someone stealing your bags and so on. It doesn't happen. That was the one thing I found 'hard' to get used to; not asking my friend to look after my bag when I got up lol.

Personally I love the gorgeous Abayas there but if you don't wear them, this recommendation is useless.

Oh and I loved seeing all the jewellery stores, the Gold Souk and eating in all those spotless Malls/food courts. I would visit again God-willing as I have a friend living there but I would first like to visit Oman again.

Oh and if you like seeing men immacutely dressed, then there's also the bonus of Khaleeji men :P

I am going to Dubai next week and I'll definitely check out the Dubai Mall, I checked the website a few days ago and it sounds amazing.

I'm surprised they now have Bloomingdale's there (I love Bloomie's) but unfortunately I heard that the Dubai location of Bloomingdale's is seriously overpriced. Anyone who knows if that's true?

oh and by the way i have another question: does the marc by marc jacobs store at the dubai mall sell mbmj shoes as well?

Last edited: