Bloomingdales Upcoming Events- PROMOS

That is the 20% employee disc right? Do you know when they have the 20% plus 20% days, if Chanel is included? I have a cousin that works for Bloomies and she just told me it's just the regular 20% and for the days where they have the extra 20%, Chanel is excluded.

i think only at certain times. b/c my buddy on the accessories/handbags floor told me that there's an event with chanel coming up... and that 20/20 can be used. but i haven't been in the last week or so, so...no idea when that's taking into effect.

Last edited:
Has anyone received an email from James confirming that Chanel is, indeed, excluded?? even if you had items presaled???

In the NYC store, I asked SA about what would happen for presale items done before they received notification about this exclusion. She told me they could not presale item (ring items into system) until 4/15 - at least in her store, so they were just hodling items for clients. I was a little bit confused since I remembered someone mentioned in this thread her SA presaled items which was from NYC store.

Anyway I hope people receiving presale items have better luck.

I sent James email after I got home, and got his reply saying he was out of office until monday. No answer for the question -- look like "out of office" message.

Good for Chanel for taking control over these sale events. It always struck me as odd how you couldn't get a deal on brand new LV no matter how hard you tried, but there was always some sort of GC event around the corner that included Chanel. That being said, this sucks! As a customer so used to getting some sort of bonus with every purchase I feel like I just lost my motivation to buy (especially given the current economy). I guess it will be different if I fall for a seasonal item that I know I have to jump on, but now there's no rush for the classics on my list.

Here's the email from James at Chestnut Hills:

--------------------------------------------------

Good afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend.

I am very saddened to have to write to all of you, to notify you that Chanel has decided to withdraw from the friends & family event here @ Bloomingdales. The EGC offer no longer stands valid. We have tried to arrange compensation for those of you that were already promised an EGC, but sadly there is nothing they will allow us to offer to you.

For those of you that have already placed orders/requests, please note: they will be voided, unless you call or reply to keep them active.

Again, i am so very sorry for the misleading information. We were told early on that the offering would be the same as years past, but upon revision, Chanel decided that this promotion was not appropriate for their brand.

I thank you all (as always) for your business.
if i may answer any questions, please feel free to reply, or to call our handbag boutique.

Sincerely,

James Sullivan
CHANEL Shoppe Manager
Bloomingdales

As per my email from James today (4/12) Chanel is not allowing Bloomies to participate in ECG events, Friends and Family, etc. -- same as they did to Saks.