Bloomingdales sent me a fake trench

mjcarney

Jul 16, 2010
I finally purchased the Kensington trench I'd been eyeing for months! I ordered it from Bloomingdales. When it arrived, I noticed right away that something was wrong with it. It looked like they sent me a MUCH cheaper trench than the one I'd previously tried on. It was definitely not the right length so I called them and they are shipping me a replacement now. I put it up and didn't look at it again for another two days. But yesterday I took it outside in the light because I was still suspicious and it is SO OBVIOUSLY fake. The button holes were marked in that washable ink and they were so poorly done. The tag was glued in place and several seams were already broken.

My husband called them to complain and they are having a supervisor call him back today. Has this ever happened to you? If so, what did the department store do to right its wrong? It just scares me to death for people who might not know better--I can't imagine paying $1700 for a fake!!! Why would anyone buy anything from Bloomingdales if they can't be aware enough to not send fake merchandise?

KiVlLZN.jpg

Last edited:
I finally purchased the Kensington trench I'd been eyeing for months! I ordered it from Bloomingdales. When it arrived, I noticed right away that something was wrong with it. It looked like they sent me a MUCH cheaper trench than the one I'd previously tried on. It was definitely not the right length so I called them and they are shipping me a replacement now. I put it up and didn't look at it again for another two days. But yesterday I took it outside in the light because I was still suspicious and it is SO OBVIOUSLY fake. The button holes were marked in that washable ink and they were so poorly done. The tag was glued in place and several seams were already broken.

My husband called them to complain and they said they would have a supervisor call back this morning and he's still not received a call. Has this ever happened to you? If so, what did the department store do to right its wrong? It just scares me to death for people who might not know better--I can't imagine paying $1700 for a fake!!! Why would anyone buy anything from Bloomingdales if they can't be aware enough to not send fake merchandise?
lFlmRiQ.jpg
sTgFHzl.jpg
N5IYVKP.jpg
aK0mVu2.jpg
IHidEjq.jpg