bloomingdales returns lost the original credit that was used.

itilliee

O.G.
Mar 4, 2009
so i brought carrera sunglasses from the presale. i went to pick them up today. when i got home i realized there were scratch marks that was made from the case i think. (its a weird/different case holder/ hard) .
im planning to return them tomorrow. think they care if there's scratches on it? i didnt make it.. should i tell them in advance or act like i didnt know about it.

another thing is I LOST MY CREDIT CARD. so i dont have the card that ends with the same number. do you think they will refund it and charge it to another visa?? or it has to be the same card?

im located in nyc. planning to go to the soho one.

sarasmith3269

Oct 9, 2008
This has happend to me twice. Some places can issue the credit without even needing your card...the have it in the system already and will credit that card. If you have cancelled the credit will be put onto that account. At another place they put it onto my other card. Id just go and give it a shot.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
well if you lost your CC you DON'T want them to credit it back. Usually a check is issued or a store credit is given.

SunglassLove

Troublemaker!
O.G.
Jan 26, 2009
Chicago
If you're polite and explain the situation, a manager should be able to override the system and credit it back to whichever card (or cash) you choose. Just be sure to explain that the card used to make the purchase was lost and the account canceled. If you have a replacement card, they can issue it back using that card.