Bloomingdales - Return Policy? vanojr9

Darrin879

Nov 12, 2010
Hi ladies, I got a Christmas gift from Bloomingdales that I'd like to return, but I can't find any information about how long Bloomingdales accepts returns for after purchase. I'm only concerned because my mom purchased this gift back in November for me, almost 1.5 months ago. Can I still return it? It's an online purchase if that makes a difference.

you should be fine if it's 1.5 months ago...i don't think that they have a limit the last time i checked...at least on the receipt it doesn't state that there is a limit-one day the sa gave me grief because it had been 3 months...but if it doesn't state a limit anywhere, i think i was entitled to be able to return it:smile: she was not very happy...it was as if she owned bloomies or something...sorry about the venting:smile:

When I worked there (many years ago), there was a thing that popped up on the computer when you were returning something over 180 days (6 months), but you could continue with the transaction regardless. I think they may have changed this but I'm not sure. I know a customer schooled me when I tried to tell her the return was over 180days and so I could not return it, and I schooled other associates later on b/c they were unaware of the policy as well. You can always try and ask.

Don't want to start a new thread, since I also have a Bloomies return question. I just got the nylon Marc by Marc Jacobs commuter laptop bag in September, used it 8x (I use it every Saturday to bring my Mac to my business class), and today it ripped! It ripped on one side where the long strap can be attached to the bag, along the seam. Do you guys think they will let me exchange or return it? I believe its defective, its a clean rip, and there aren't any other signs of it ripping along the top handles or on the other side.

And can they look up prior purchases with your credit card? I'm not sure if I still have the receipt.

A Christmas gift from what year? And 1.5 months ago wasn't November. Please clear up the dates so we can give a better answer.

Does the item have tags and return sticker?

Don't want to start a new thread, since I also have a Bloomies return question. I just got the nylon Marc by Marc Jacobs commuter laptop bag in September, used it 8x (I use it every Saturday to bring my Mac to my business class), and today it ripped! It ripped on one side where the long strap can be attached to the bag, along the seam. Do you guys think they will let me exchange or return it? I believe its defective, its a clean rip, and there aren't any other signs of it ripping along the top handles or on the other side.

And can they look up prior purchases with your credit card? I'm not sure if I still have the receipt.

Yes, they are pretty good about taking back defective merchandise and yes, typically they can find the purchase with the credit card.

I was once told(when I worked at Bloomies last year over the xmas season, will NEVER do that again) that anything purchased at Bloomies can be returned to Bloomies. You need the little sticker thing they put on it, and a receipt helps, but from a very funny story the girl training us told us, that once a purse purchased in the 50's was returned. No idea, how they did that. Return policy was pretty good from what I remember. You just need all the stuff they give you when you buy the item. Reason the sa was probably disgruntled, was that she thought she was getting the commission. Most people get a little on things they sale, and some work solely on it.