Bloomingdale's Or Saks Fifth Avenue?

Kleio

Mar 30, 2011
Okay, TPF ladies, please don't laugh at me, but I have never shopped at either Bloomingdale's or Saks Fifth Avenue. Whenever I've needed to make high-end purchases, I've always turned to trust old Nordstrom because I absolutely love, love, love their super-generous return policy. That, and their people generally don't give me the snotty evil-eye.

However, I want to purchase the Longchamp Le Pliage Backpack, but it's only available at Bloomingdale's and Saks Fifth Avenue. Question is, which one should I make my purchase at, for a retail experience as close to Nordstrom's as possible? If it makes a difference, I would probably be purchasing online, but if I ended up deciding to return the bag, I would most likely return it in-store.

Okay, now you may laugh all you want. :lol:

Okay, TPF ladies, please don't laugh at me, but I have never shopped at either Bloomingdale's or Saks Fifth Avenue. Whenever I've needed to make high-end purchases, I've always turned to trust old Nordstrom because I absolutely love, love, love their super-generous return policy. That, and their people generally don't give me the snotty evil-eye.

However, I want to purchase the Longchamp Le Pliage Backpack, but it's only available at Bloomingdale's and Saks Fifth Avenue. Question is, which one should I make my purchase at, for a retail experience as close to Nordstrom's as possible? If it makes a difference, I would probably be purchasing online, but if I ended up deciding to return the bag, I would most likely return it in-store.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Bloomingdales' return policy with a receipt is longer whereas Saks has a 30 day return policy?

I don't see why it would matter which one to go to. Just buy the bag. Although I'm a regular Nordstrom shopper, I have shopped at all of the various stores for decades. And as for the "snotty-evil eye", I really don't get that and could careless if I did, as it would be "their" problem, not mine. Plus, all salespeople aren't the same. There are good ones and not so good ones. I don't judge the whole store on the possible silly ways of a few.

This is the holiday time.. you are bound to run into a SA or two that may not be having the
best day.... both are good stores to shop in but Bloomies has a more flexible return policy..
hope you find what you want.. happy shopping

My experience online is that saks.com has better service than bloomingdales.com. I've had many silly mistakes with Bloomies. They tried to correct them but I really think saks.com is better.
In store, I prefer Saks. It seems less chaotic, for lack of a better word. I've always had good SA help from Saks.
I've never had problem returning at either place, either by mail or in person at the store. But I believe Bloomindales gives you more time to make your returns. I never take more than a month to make my decision, so this is not an issue for me.

Much like Tamarind, I've had a horrendous experience with Bloomies and probably won't order from them again unless they've got something that I can't find anywhere else. I really think it depends on where you live, if you live within the States, I would encourage you to give it a try since you can directly place your order online, whereas for international orders you just have to worry about the possibility of the CS making mistakes (which of course can happen anytime you call CS anywhere, but just especially more critical with spelling of the billing and shipping addresses over the phone).

Goodluck with your purchase!

Hands down Saks. I have a SA at the 5th avenue who goes out of her way to find me things that are supposedly sold out Bloomies would never do that they've become one level above Macy's IMO when it comes to customer satisfaction