blooming card low limit...

bk0714

ysl lover
Oct 1, 2011
hello. i try to purchase the medallion tote which is 2400 dollars (no tax for me since no bloomingdales in my state).

but, the limit i approved for is $300. i was amazed.. when i opened the new credit card, it is normally above $2000 to usually $6000. (credit score is above 700. no late pay. i always paid full balance every months (have 2 amex, chase freedom, visa). annual income is fairly high.

i dont know why.. i called chanel sa i know and she said that to get 15% of whole price, i need to pay at least 30% of $2400 which is $720. But, my limit is $300.

I asked to customer service and i heard that when i went to the store, i pay 300 dollars with my bloomingdales card and rest of them with cash. then, they can provide me 15% of entire price ($2400).

But, there is no blooming in my state and the chanel i want to buy is in the store where is far away.

How can i do... i just opened so i need to use it until tomorrow.

Don't worry! You can split charges! You don't need to put 30% on the bloomingdale's card I think your SA may not be experienced. I have placed order with Bloomie's twice all very recently and my SA was able to put as little as possible on my BM card and put most of it on my own personal CC and still get the full 15% discount.

There are many people who have opened the card online with only $500 limit and still able to purchase a classic jumbo with no problem. The SA just have to call the CSR and let them know to approve the major purchase since the customer (i.e. you) need to purchase a Chanel and it will go through.

15% of your $2400 medallion tote price is $360 refund. What my SA normally do is to put $360 on BM's card so it will come to a balance of zero and the rest of it on my own personal Credit card that has cash rewards.

reallly? my sa is recommended sa on purseforum (many people recommended her).

and do you know why blooming gives me "300 dollars limit"? is it because my amex card got fraud alert today (somebody used it and amex blocked today and issued new card today). last time, it happened to me and my credit score went down dramatically and went up as i activated new issued card. i usually get 6000 dollars limit.

i will talk with my SA tomorrow. thank you for your reply. it is my first chanel.