Bloomies Opening in SD - INFO?

Jan 10, 2006
So I just scored an invite to Bloomie's "Gala Evening" to celebrate their opening! I'm kinda excited! They're opening on the 18th of November here in San Diego. But I guess they're having an event on November 16 to help "honor" some charities. The event is apparently sponsored by Level Vodka, Margaritaville Spirits and the Singapore Tourism Boad....

What should I expect? Did anyone go to an event like this when Bloomie's opened in SF? Will this be exciting and cool? Or just a bunch of richy richs air-kissing each other?!

I'm not sure how this upcoming event will be like but from what I heard, when the bloomies somewhere up north open up, they were giving away $25/50? gift cards-- i hear no mention of that for this opening =(

I am so jealous! When I was at my grandparent's beach house in La Jolla, my sister and I went to Fashion Valley and the Bloomingdale's wasn't open yet:sad:

If you decide to go, I hope you have a blast!! :smile:

How did you get the invite? Is there an RSVP number or e-mail to call? I would love to go. I was so excited when I first saw the Bloomingdales sign up at the Fashion Valley Mall I almost crashed my car!

I dont know if Bloomie's SF has an event like the one that SD is going to have.

What Bloomie's SF did was host a "private-by-invite-only" event where they opened the store a day earlier than the grand opening date to everyone who had invites. the invites either came in the mail or was emailed to the person. and everyone who went to the event and had an invite got a $25 gc. i did notice that the guard was letting people in without invites, however, those people didnt get the giftcard.

There is also an email that I got today for an invite to their preview day on Nov 17 from 9 am to 10 pm. You also receive a 15% discount on purchases made that day (with some exceptions in the fine print).