Blood Test That Tells Gender At 7 Weeks

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/09/pink-or-blue-blood-test-baby-gender-7-weeks_n_922698.html

CHICAGO -- Is it a boy or a girl? New research shows that a simple blood test in mothers-to-be can answer that question with surprising accuracy at about seven weeks.
    Though not widely offered by U.S. doctors, gender-detecting blood tests have been sold online to consumers for the past few years. Their promises of early and accurate results prompted genetics researchers to take a closer look.
    Researchers analyzed 57 published studies of gender testing done in rigorous research or academic settings – though not necessarily the same methods or conditions used by direct-to-consumer firms.
    The results suggest blood tests could be a breakthrough for women at risk of having babies with certain diseases. But the study also raises concerns about couples using such tests for gender selection and abortion.

For $250 you can tell the gender of your baby at 7 weeks. All you do is prick your finger and put the test stick in the mail then wait for the results. To me that is a lot of money for a test that is not backed by doctors. Has anyone tried these or known someone who has? Was it really accurate?

2. ive never tried it.. but then again we didnt want to find out the gender of our baby. but i think that this test doesnt make sense, considering that an u/s can give an accurate reading in as early as 17 weeks, or maybe earlier even? i think thats enough time to buy gender specific clothes and accessories if necessary, lol. also, i think alot of people dont even know they are pregnant till at least 7 weeks.. well that was the case with me anyway, lol.

3. I just saw this on the Today show this morning... I think it does bring up ethical concerns as to whether or not parents may terminate a pregnancy based on gender.

4. I wouldn't terminate based on gender, but I'd probably be really tempted to use this test! I hate being in suspense, and would want to know ASAP which gender I was having! I don't even like to have to wait to see what I'm getting for Christmas, and I'm 34!

5. Your post made me LOL..I'm the same way.