Workplace Blogging as a Career

buzzytoes

Dog Chauffeur
O.G.
Jun 7, 2008
Just wondering if we have any "professional" bloggers here. By professional I simply mean those that use their blogs as a source of monetary income, even if it is part time or full time. I started blogging with the intent to try to turn it into a source of supplementary income, and just today realized I may have better success starting a blog for my actual business that I recently started. I have been picking up tips here and there but really need to get into the study of learning how to get a broader audience so that I can actually make money by sponsored posts, ads, etc.

Do you blog? Do you have a niche? Do you have any tips or tricks you want to share?

Just wondering if we have any "professional" bloggers here. By professional I simply mean those that use their blogs as a source of monetary income, even if it is part time or full time. I started blogging with the intent to try to turn it into a source of supplementary income, and just today realized I may have better success starting a blog for my actual business that I recently started. I have been picking up tips here and there but really need to get into the study of learning how to get a broader audience so that I can actually make money by sponsored posts, ads, etc.

Do you blog? Do you have a niche? Do you have any tips or tricks you want to share?

Interesting topic. I hope that somebody more knowledgeable stops by with wisdom to share. I don't have advice for you, but I've often thought of blogging on the side. I went on a date with someone who runs a successful political opinion blog. We had very different and strong opinions so the first date got quite heated and never resulted in a second, but I was really interested in learning more about blogging for a living. I have a friend who writes a tech blog, but she is a salaried blogger so it is a bit different. I'd love to learn more...

I have a friend who blogs professionally. However she eventually got a part-time job working in PR as whilst she leads a fabulous lifestyle (lots of free holidays, free meals at fancy restaurants, access to fashion shows, PR samples etc.), it's tough to rely on a blogger's income whilst living in London without completely selling out your work, i.e. doing whatever 'sponsored post' that comes your way regardless of whether it fits with your audience. Of course, I think if you're one of the select few who make it big time, it's different :smile:

Yes I am under no assumption that I will be the Next Great Blogger. :biggrin: I do think it's possible to supplement my income, but from everything I have seen so far it takes a lot of grind and a lot of time. I am aways interested in hearing people's personal stories so I am hoping more people will chime in.

I'm not a full-time blogger but one of my good friends is. It took her a good 2 years before she could quit her job and blog full-time and then it was probably another year before she made decent money instead of just getting by. She has a partner and I know they started off by connecting on IG and Twitter with people who had complementary blogs. Once they built a relationship they would ask to write guest posts so they could build a following. And eventually those bloggers started promoting their blog. I think getting established bloggers to direct followers to your site is key.

Well as per my concern, If you want to increase your income then blogging in online marketing is super idea through which you can run ad-sense account or ads on your blog and you'll get payment from Google via cheque

Just stumbled on this thread - I blog full time and that's how this forum started too. Would be happy to answer any questions!

I know we have a few people here who blog full time for TPF, was hoping someone would chime in! Although since TPF has been around for awhile it was probably different when you started blogging. Not so many people were doing it.

I guess my biggest question is how to grow an audience. I have read that, like a PP mentioned, you just have to get out there and start commenting on other blogs and become part of a community that way. I have been tossing around the idea of spending one day a week doing that for now, but just wondering if there are other ways that I am not aware of. Can't get sponsored posts without an audience, but they also help grow your audience, so I feel like it might be an endless loop. :biggrin: