Blocked Fallopian Tube

tabbyco

Shh....
O.G.
Jun 5, 2006
Right Coast
This might be a stupid question, but if you have a blocked fallopian tube, would you still have a period every month? If the egg doesn't make it into the uterus, how could you?:shrugs:

celi

Sep 9, 2007
New York
tabbyco, i hope you are not working yourself up into the worst scenarios. It is perfectly normal for it to take awhile for a women to get pregnant. In the book there is a section on anovulatory bleeding and how we woudln't know the difference from a period. Even if we didn't ovulate or had a blocked tube the endometrium still has to shed which is a regulatory function of fluctuating hormones levels. If we chart our temps for several cycles and one cycle you didn't see a change in temps. where you normally did when you ovulated, this may be anovulatory bleeding mistaken for a period (in which ovulation took place). Hope this helps.

tabbyco

Shh....
O.G.
Jun 5, 2006
Right Coast
Thanks celi. It does... I am just looking for something b/c everything is checking out normal and I am IMPATIENT! I keep saying to myself, there is NO WAY our timing can be that bad...

VT Pooh

O.G.
Jul 11, 2006
tabbyco,

I agree with Celi, you are working yourself up for the worse.

Please relax.

Answering your question, yes, a woman would get her period even her tubes are closed and her eggs don't make it to the uterus. I didn't know at first either.

Baby dust !!!

VT Pooh

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
I was menstrating and not ovulating.. . . no blockages.
Clomid caused me to ovulate so I had eggs, just wasn't dropping them.