Block a user from messaging me?

uwhuskygirl

I need a cupcake.
O.G.
Oct 25, 2007
Is there any way to stop a buyer from sending me messages? I can't seem to figure out how to block this buyer from messaging me. I have one who won't leave me alone and it's starting to turn into a PITA.

Thanks.

Seriously? OMG. That's awful. Just curious, why are they bugging you? Trying to make you an offer that you won't accept?

I would think, if you block a buyer/bidder in your auctions, that maybe they won't be able to send you a message? That I don't know. I have never tried to block anybody from sending me messages, so I just assumed it would be related to the block bidder thing. Maybe not.

There are notwits out there that won't take "no" for an answer. They haggle with me all the time trying to get me to lower prices. 3-5 contacts is my limit and then they go on my BBL. Can't stop them from asking questions.

Just give them a firm response and tell them that's your final decison.

Sorry, I guess I should have given background. Here's the story: http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/buyer-said-my-authenticity-was-questionable-344525.html

So now she messages me and says that the bag is "wearing funny" and wants me to get the Bloomie's receipt. I have tried calling them on 3 different occasions and they can't get it for me since I didn't pay on my Bloomies card. I did explain this to her.
Also, I tried my bank, but my online statement only goes back 180 days.

I told her that her best bet is to contact Juicy directly and they should be able to help her.

I have blocked her from all of my auctions (even thought I'm never selling on there again because this whole experience has been one huge PITA) and she's still messaging me over this stupid bag.

Advice?

Is she contacting you through eBay or your personal e-mail address? If so, I know with my e-mail address directly from my computer (Mail app with my Mac), I can block anybody who e-mails me.

I guess if she is contacting you through eBay, then I honestly don't know how to block her, especially since she had a transaction with you, which because of that, you may not be able to block her.

How long as the auction been? I haven't read your other thread, so I apologize if it was mentioned there. If it has been over 45 days, you may be OK as it's beyond the limit that she can file a dispute/claim with PP.

But nowadays, I wouldn't put anything past PP.

I recently had 1 idiot that kept on offering a lower and lower ridiculous offers everyday and wanted to know what my problem was not accepting her offer since I can't sell it. I even told her many times that I was not desperate to sell if I don't get my price. I just bother responding anymore.

You can report her to eBay for sending harassing messages.

Yes, that's what I would do. She is obviously harassing you, and I'm sorry, that is uncalled for. Especially if you have been communicating with her, there is no reason why she should be so obsessive. She is trying to harass you to the point where you'll just give in. Don't do it.

I believe, at the bottom of each message you receive from the eBay message system, there is a link that says "report this member" or something similar to that. I don't have a message in my inbox, or I would double-check.

The next message she sends you, just report her.

just ignore them. dealing with every annoying message can turn into a fulltime job. in the future, whenever you send a message through ebay click the "hide my email address" box so the recipient doesn't have your email address otherwise they can keep sending you emails indefinitely.