Bling! I think I found a new hobby

wow! i want to do that with my t mobile wing, but how do you align the crystals? right next to each other as close as possible? please share your techniques! i think i am going to get a case for my phone so i don't ruin the original! lol....also u can use permanent glue from walmart or something?

Awesome!! I've been meaning to do that for so long now. I'm pretty good at crafty stuff so hopefully when I find the time it'll come out as nice as yours! Do share your technique if possible, a few pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Awesome!! I've been meaning to do that for so long now. I'm pretty good at crafty stuff so hopefully when I find the time it'll come out as nice as yours! Do share your technique if possible, a few pointers would be greatly appreciated!

I have a tool that has a sticky rubber end and the other end is a very thin point.

I have a newspaper spread out to catch any crystal and so I don't get glue everywhere on top the paper I put a black piece of cardborad again to help with lost crystals the black makes them really easy to spot.

I put a blob of craft glue on the black card and pick up a little using the pointy end of tool spread over a small area of the item (in a line rather than a sqaure) then using the rubber end pick up your crystal possition on the glue and use you pointy end to push into place.

Only apply a small amount of glue maybe enough for 5 crystals before you need to add more, whatever you feel happy woking with basically, oh and make sure the glue you get dries clear

The way I positioned the crystals was (with the gaps between lines)

so basically first row all crystals side by side next row the crystals move along very slightly into the gap between the two crystals above (like when you look at a brick wall)

I'd play around with it on you card first to see what look you like best, also have a look at the website that do it to see there gallery maybe your phone is there and there's a better way of doing it.

I'll try and take some step by step pics of the next thing I do to help

but I'll answer as many questions as I can

It truly is gorgeous! Did you put that RIGHT on the phone? That makes me a little nervous. Don't know why, just seems so permament.

I am going to order some crystals. Did you order a multicolored lot of crystals or pick and choose?

Yep they are right on the phone

It's actually clear crystals with a coating to shimmer different colours which is why you see the reds etc

they are called cystal aurora borealis

I thought I may get bored all one colour and wasn't confident enough to do a pattern so I went for the AB that way it's white but with lots of colour just like a diamond

What size did you use?

"cystal aurora borealis" - did it come with the shimmer already on, or did you coat it yourself? (if so, did you have to buy the coating extra or was it included with the crystals?)

Does it look white ever, or the beautiful rainbow of color reflected in your picture?

I am assuming they were flatback rhinestones? Correct?

Thanks for all the info.

What size did you use?

"cystal aurora borealis" - did it come with the shimmer already on, or did you coat it yourself? (if so, did you have to buy the coating extra or was it included with the crystals?)

Does it look white ever, or the beautiful rainbow of color reflected in your picture?

I am assuming they were flatback rhinestones? Correct?

Thanks for all the info.

The size I used is SS6 it's about 2mm, the 2mm are one of the smallest you can get but that means you get more sparkle

they are already coated they are flat back non hotfix
they more often have the colour than look white, it's really sparkley IRL

heres a colour chart see the crystal on the left and crystal AB on the right
http://www.crystal-beads.co.uk/wholesale-swarovski-beads/2028colour-chart.html

here's a few more pics so you can see the colours and size perspective

first pic is loose crystals in box I still have the back of the phone to do but don't have as much spare time at the minute maybe at the weekend

Attachments

• SA400298.JPG
    SA400298.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 32
  • SA400301.JPG
    SA400301.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 21
  • SA400304.JPG
    SA400304.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 19
  • SA400306.JPG
    SA400306.JPG