bleu de prusse with PHW or black with GHW b30

The two bags have very different "feels"--The BdP with PHW would be cool and contemporary; the Black with GHW is an elegant classic. Which style is more "you"?

Trendybaggie, I have a Bleu de Prusse in a 32 box K which was my first K, gotten a couple of years ago. When I first saw the bag on the shelf it was like instant love because I was looking for a teal bag and it looked that way from the yellowish cast that a florescent light can give something. I have discovered that the Bleu de Prusse is basically a navy with a greenish undertone. That's not a true teal (which would need more green to qualify) nor is it a true navy. So, when I wear navy it isn't matchy-matchy. It does match a very dark blue-toned teal (sometimes called a black teal) outfit I have in a dark linen. Black teal is not a common color in RTW. In short, B de P is a color you won't see coming and going but it's not easy to match with clothing. I think one has to love the color for itself. The B de P I have seen in other leathers look to me like a dark navy. It's a fall color. I am glad I have a light khaki (Tounda) K for summery clothes because the B de P is a too dark or heavy looking color for pastels or even just medium tones of tan or copper. Hope this helps and thanks for giving me the opportunity to expound on the mysteries of Bleu de Prusse!

eagle

No, trendybaggie, the Bleu de Prusse is in a class by itself.

I still hope for what I consider a real teal in a kelly which I saw in a Chanel bag at the time but I was pumped to go down the k route. I like the Bleu de Prusse but I think there is a better teal in the future for me. If you wear a lot of fall colors, it might be ok.