Blenheim question

mssw157

Apr 24, 2009
I was just looking at the refererence thread to get an idea of the size of the Blenheim but am still left wondering. Would anyone here have the exact measurements please?

This is a style I never previously considered due to its small size but I do like the general "Roxy" look about it and wondered whether anyone has tried to use it as a messenger instead, maybe with a Mitzy strap?
There's no way I would carry Roxy around as a messenger as it's too heavy and even Rosy with a longer strap looks quite big. All the Blenheim needs to hold is my LL purse, pouch, keys, mobile and tissues.

Would love to hear from those of you who have this bag.

I was just looking at the refererence thread to get an idea of the size of the Blenheim but am still left wondering. Would anyone here have the exact measurements please?

This is a style I never previously considered due to its small size but I do like the general "Roxy" look about it and wondered whether anyone has tried to use it as a messenger instead, maybe with a Mitzy strap?
There's no way I would carry Roxy around as a messenger as it's too heavy and even Rosy with a longer strap looks quite big. All the Blenheim needs to hold is my LL purse, pouch, keys, mobile and tissues.

Would love to hear from those of you who have this bag.

I have not got a blenheim but I carry almost the same as your list in a messenger style small bag. Brooke might be worth a look of you have not already had one!

Thanks Ondrea. Finally got hold of the measurements and think it would be big enough for my daily needs. Yes, thought of Brooke as well, but these seem to be quite difficult to get hold of.
Will keep my eyes peeled for any smaller styles, especially anything that can be worn messenger style. I need my hands to hold on to the hat on my head and the umbrella....lol

I haven't got a Blenheim atm, Mssw, but I've had a few in my time! You're right, it definitely has the traditional Mulberry look about it - and it would be darwin :yahoo: (unless you got the glove leather tassel style). I found it quite heavy for its size, but of course, if you're only putting your few things in, it would be fine weight-wise. I wonder would it look a little "clunky" worn messenger-style? Ondrea's suggestion of Brooke is good, and then there's last season's Hayden (if you like lambskin), but all this is just a lead-up to the obvious... Antony :love: which is still available at the old price in a certain shop in your neighbourhood. And I'm loving the sound of the new colours in the outlets - front pocket now included!

Blenheim might be great as a messenger -I am biased as its one of my faves! However, the shoulder strap attaches via buckles, which remain on the body of the bag. Brooke may be better from this point of view, as it has rings each side to attach the strap to, rather than buckles.

I had a Blenheim and I remember it seemed pretty small to me, though the outside pockets were a much more usable size than on Rosemary. I could be wrong but I don't think your pouch will stand up inside this bag... but it would in an Antony or Brooke! :graucho:

Ah, thanks Indiana, metalic glove and klp!
Hadn't considered the buckles really...Although my Mitzy strap has the buckle ends, they need to be pulled through the ring first. Can see that as a handicap with Blenheim.
Klp - no, the pouch would most defo not stand up but rather lying down. That wouldn't bother me though.
Indy - not a huge fan of Ant for myself; not sure why as I've always quite liked him on others. Maybe I need to give him a try...:graucho:

I might give the Blenheim a shot if I can pick one up at a good price. Not many Brookes around atm I'm afraid...

Hi Mssw157, I have a Blenham in chocolate darwin and it's beautiful. Yes it is a small bag but I have posted a purse forum link where I took pictures with my VIP classic liner inside which fits perfectly. I also posted a pic with my small purse in front of it to show size comparison. You will need to go scrole down the page to see the pics.

http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry/blenham-bag-635757-3.html

I love her and sits perfectly on the shoulder but strap is not long enough to wear cross body comfortably IMO.:graucho:

Tarababe - what a lovely Blenheim you got. It looks in fab condition and a very rich chocolate...Thanks for the link; it's great to see the size against your wallet.
Wasn't planning on squeezing my body through the shoulder strap to wear it messenger-style...:P Just wondered whether it's possible to take off the existing strap and put another, longer one on.

Thanks girls! Plenty of bags on my watch list atm.

MiniM - small Bays clutch would be too small, yes.
Choc Effie might present the same problem with the buckles as the Blenheim. Not sure.

Ellison could be a possibility, but find the style a bit blah (sorry, no offense to Ellison owners!!!)

I've also added Alanas to my watchlist. Used to have an Emmy but that was too big. Alana might be perfect messenger style?

I guess Brooke is top of the wishlist at the moment.