Blank zipper pull on WOC?

hummingtoo

Aug 30, 2018
I hope it's okay to ask this but my H picked up a WOC from a Neiman Marcus in another city for me about a week ago. I posted in the authentication thread because I'm a little paranoid like that lol He came back home today and looking at the bag, I noticed neither of the zippers have anything on them -- no YKK or EP. I've tried to do a search and I can't seem to find any info on blank Chanel zippers. This is a brand new bag, it looks new and everything as far as I can tell. The other weird thing is that the SA ordered from another store and the receipt says TIMELESS and I think the serial number is different on the receipt from the one on the bag/card?? Needless to say, I'm really anxious...

Reactions: Jill N

hummingtoo

Aug 30, 2018
Small update.. my H went by a Chanel boutique and he said the classic WOCs all had something on the zipper but then he was shown some new (according to SA, not exactly sure on style) boy WOCs and... blank zippers! They were chevron boy WOCs, a black and a forest green, looked like caviar leather? Anyway, even more confused now.

dbcelly

O.G.
Sep 30, 2009
Small update.. my H went by a Chanel boutique and he said the classic WOCs all had something on the zipper but then he was shown some new (according to SA, not exactly sure on style) boy WOCs and... blank zippers! They were chevron boy WOCs, a black and a forest green, looked like caviar leather? Anyway, even more confused now.
I'm pretty sure the zipper pull in a chevron *classic flap* I saw recently did NOT have EP/YKK etiher...

Could be the zipper manufacturer they choose / use each season.

MHLee

Apr 6, 2018
I hope it's okay to ask this but my H picked up a WOC from a Neiman Marcus in another city for me about a week ago. I posted in the authentication thread because I'm a little paranoid like that lol He came back home today and looking at the bag, I noticed neither of the zippers have anything on them -- no YKK or EP. I've tried to do a search and I can't seem to find any info on blank Chanel zippers. This is a brand new bag, it looks new and everything as far as I can tell. The other weird thing is that the SA ordered from another store and the receipt says TIMELESS and I think the serial number is different on the receipt from the one on the bag/card?? Needless to say, I'm really anxious...
I picked up 2 WOCs this year from the boutique here, one classic and one a seasonal navy, they both have blank zippers too. The ones I just saw recently when I went to browse have the same style zipper as well. Hope that helps!

MHLee

Apr 6, 2018
Oops, I take it back. I was looking at the zippers of my Chanels again and 1 does have a YKK and the other doesn't.

netnit

Dec 16, 2018
I just got my Classic WOC 2 days ago in Perth and it has a blank zipper as well. My husband called the official store this morning they said the new collection does have a blank zipper which I find it is a little weird.

Reactions: Brendarenee

Brendarenee

Nov 26, 2018
I came ti this forum, searching for info on this. I just received a 19c WOC, from the boutique in Calgary and it also has a blank zipper.

JBenz

Oct 1, 2012
Hi all,
I'm opening this one up again b/c I just purchased a 26 series Chevron WOC from the preowned market. I've owned a few before and they've all had markings on the zipper pull and this one does not. I have never purchased pre-owned before and I'm a little nervous.

Could you weigh in on this?
Thanks!

Last edited: