Blanc color Kelly or Birkin

alc116

O.G.
Dec 5, 2007
I was wondering if anyone has any advice on a Blanc/white birkin or kelly versus a Nata or Craie. I see the nata and craie seem popular (ie I’ve seen more photos of them) than Blanc.

Is Blanc that much more difficult to care for or does it dirty super easily versus the craie or nata?

Is a blanc bag gorgeous in person or “too” white, if that makes sense?

Context is mulling colors for a special order!

Nata and Craie are currently in normal production whereas I’m not sure Blanc is current which would explain why you’d see many more bags on social media in Nata and Craie. Also, for SO, Blanc is only available in Clemence so that rules out all sellier style bags. I would guess it comes down to more of a leather type decision than a strict color hue preference, imo.

While it's not a Birkin or Kelly, I've had a Blanc Sac Emile for about six months now and have carried it A LOT with no issues. No color transfer, dirt, etc...it's been absolutely fine. Of course you have to be a bit more thoughtful carrying or wearing ANYTHING white, but honestly it's been fine. My Blanc bag was made in 2021, so I believe (as a color), it's still in production, just maybe not on every bag or in every leather, no idea there. And Blanc is amazing in person, so crisp! The white wax edging makes it look so clean and it basically goes with anything you want to wear. Attaching a couple pics for you...love my Blanc bag!

1646547464553.jpeg

1646547484229.jpeg

1646547575472.jpeg

Nata and Craie are currently in normal production whereas I’m not sure Blanc is current which would explain why you’d see many more bags on social media in Nata and Craie. Also, for SO, Blanc is only available in Clemence so that rules out all sellier style bags. I would guess it comes down to more of a leather type decision than a strict color hue preference, imo.
A couple months ago I saw someone on Instagram with a white SO Mini kelly in Epsom leather. I believe she’s from Europe.

Reactions: duggi84
Ah, that makes so much sense that that's because they are currently in production. Thank you for the insight! I was wondering why I saw so few blanc bags around.

While it's not a Birkin or Kelly, I've had a Blanc Sac Emile for about six months now and have carried it A LOT with no issues. No color transfer, dirt, etc...it's been absolutely fine. Of course you have to be a bit more thoughtful carrying or wearing ANYTHING white, but honestly it's been fine. My Blanc bag was made in 2021, so I believe (as a color), it's still in production, just maybe not on every bag or in every leather, no idea there. And Blanc is amazing in person, so crisp! The white wax edging makes it look so clean and it basically goes with anything you want to wear. Attaching a couple pics for you...love my Blanc bag!
Your bag is SO beautiful - thank you for sharing the photos and your experience. It does look perfect, so maybe it's not as different to maintain than crate or data after all.

Leather is key here. Blanc evercolor is much less white than blanc clemence. The Kelly looks creamy here, more like nata, but it isn’t at all I think of blanc as vanilla soft serve ice cream and nata as French vanilla hard ice cream.
I love that ice cream comparison! ;) You're right, the blanc clemency looks sooo much whiter. But also maybe scarier in the sense of getting dirty.

For SO, the choice would be between a Craie Togo Birkin 25, a Nata Chèvre Birkin 25, a Nata Chèvre Kelly Sellier 25, OR maybe a Blanc Clemence Birkin 25...so tough to choose!!!!

Reactions: duggi84
To show the difference between the ice-cream.
Blanc is in production, I got offered one at the beginning of 2022, and another one a few weeks ago. Both were Evercolor leather.
I also own a Nata in swift leather. Here is the comparison. the background is the while paper bag from Hermes.
I would say 01 Blanc on Evercolor is really a light, warm tone (especially under the sun light), such a beautiful milky colour.

WHITE.jpg

I have a white Birkin in taurillon clemence (about 20 yrs old). It is pure white like Snow White. Beautiful but the inside has yellowed over the years (which the spa doesn't take care of either)
But I adore it, it is very special and I have sent it back to the SPA to see if they can replace the handles that are a bit sticky.

I have a white Birkin in taurillon clemence (about 20 yrs old). It is pure white like Snow White. Beautiful but the inside has yellowed over the years (which the spa doesn't take care of either)
But I adore it, it is very special and I have sent it back to the SPA to see if they can replace the handles that are a bit sticky.
Do you mind sharing a photo of the yellowed white ?
Chevre Mysore made the inside of my Blanc Kelly; it's a cold tone white paper that's completely different from the warm tone of Evercolor.
I'm just curious if the blanc has yellowed over time; is it transforming towards Nata or Craie? :biggrin:

Do you mind sharing a photo of the yellowed white ?
Chevre Mysore made the inside of my Blanc Kelly; it's a cold tone white paper that's completely different from the warm tone of Evercolor.
I'm just curious if the blanc has yellowed over time; is it transforming towards Nata or Craie? :biggrin:

It is for sure not anything like Nata or Craie but more yellow :lol:
I wish I could show you but I took it back to have the handles freshened up or changed altogether. It will be a while before I see it back.

Reactions: MinaParis
I have noticed this on Hermès white leather bags once they reach a certain age. I do not personally own any white Hermès bags for this reason. In photos, the ones I've seen, almost look like glue is escaping at the seams. I don't think Hermès craftsman actually use glue (I could be wrong) but that's the best way I can describe it.

It's not a consistent color change. It does not look like it has gotten a shade or two darker than it's original pure white color. It just looks very unattractive.

I would hope that someone who owns white Hermès bags of a certain age might weigh in on this thread, so they can give you the benefit of their personal experience. It's certainly likely that the white Hermès bags of a certain age I've seen that exhibit this look may not have been cared for properly.