Blame It On The Doll !!!

Yes, values start at home and I start by not buying this crap for my daughters. I actually caught about 1 minute of the Bratz tv show this morning (which in and of itself is strange b/c the tv is never on...I think DH was looking for some hockey highlights or something) and I couldn't BELIEVE the way these characters were talking to each other!!!! It was all "You guys are LOSERS", "NO you guys are LOSERS because you're just jealous of how pretty we are..." etc. No need to continue.

Barbie may be disproportioned and some of her outfits risque... but her message seems 100% more wholesome to me. I played with Barbie A LOT as a girl - and I do not have an eating disorder, nor do I dress like a tramp because of her. There were no Barbie "movies" out when I was small, but there are now, and they're NOTHING like what I saw this morning.

Yes, values start at home and I start by not buying this crap for my daughters. I actually caught about 1 minute of the Bratz tv show this morning (which in and of itself is strange b/c the tv is never on...I think DH was looking for some hockey highlights or something) and I couldn't BELIEVE the way these characters were talking to each other!!!! It was all "You guys are LOSERS", "NO you guys are LOSERS because you're just jealous of how pretty we are..." etc. No need to continue.

:wtf:

Well, that sounds far more worrying (and a far worse example for our children), to me, than doe eyes and slightly risque doll's outfits. :yes: