Blake for CHANEL in 2011...

Not sure about blake... But luv Serena! she made the bubble quilt & chain around a hit! :biggrin: excited about the campaign! Blair would be totally 'oh my effing gawd!' living under the shadow again... Haha! No, i don't follow GG! :P

I love BL- there's no doubt she is talented and gorgeous and looks great in Chanel. However, if their desire is to be more exclusive and cater to an older wealthier crowd-as their ridiculous price increases suggest-I think Blake is a poor choice. She is worshiped by tweens/teens ad they will all flock to buy their fake Chanels like their idol when they can't afford the $3000 plus price tag on them. Maybe in a few years when she is older and has moved on from the GG spotlight, but right now I feel it would not accomplish what Chanel is trying to do, but then again maybe I have these price increases all wrong. Maybe they aren't saying Chanel is more exclusive, maybe they are saying everyone is richer and teens and young 20-somethings should all be bathed in Chanel :rolleyes:

I like Blake & I love Chanel, but the combo is :nogood: . I agree with echo_23. If this is the direction Chanel is going to vamp up its image, I don't want any part of it. Makes me want to go out & sell all of my Chanels!

Is it weird that I wouldn't mind Serena + Chanel combo? I can't seem to separate reality from make-believe. :lol:

I love BL- there's no doubt she is talented and gorgeous and looks great in Chanel. However, if their desire is to be more exclusive and cater to an older wealthier crowd-as their ridiculous price increases suggest-I think Blake is a poor choice. She is worshiped by tweens/teens ad they will all flock to buy their fake Chanels like their idol when they can't afford the $3000 plus price tag on them. Maybe in a few years when she is older and has moved on from the GG spotlight, but right now I feel it would not accomplish what Chanel is trying to do, but then again maybe I have these price increases all wrong. Maybe they aren't saying Chanel is more exclusive, maybe they are saying everyone is richer and teens and young 20-somethings should all be bathed in Chanel :rolleyes:

When I read the title, I inwardly grimaced... echo_23 took the words right out of my mouth. Well said!

she is very beautiful but i do not think much of her as an actress. i know she loves chanel but im sure there are better choices out there to represent the company.

but really, im just jealous of all her chanels!!

also im getting sick of seeing celebs score these ad campaigns. thats why we have models.

ITA!! Im sure there's plenty of models that would be better for the campaign. Like echo_23 said she's worshipped by teenagers. I was thinking about someone a little more sophisticated. A model that would look as if she could have modeled for Gabrielle Chanel. I love the commercial Chanel n5. Now that's more chanel.
I like Blake/Serena but I just dont see her for chanel.

also im getting sick of seeing celebs score these ad campaigns. thats why we have models.

Completely agree. If all they want is a pretty face then they should hire a model.

ITA!! Im sure there's plenty of models that would be better for the campaign. Like echo_23 said she's worshipped by teenagers. I was thinking about someone a little more sophisticated. A model that would look as if she could have modeled for Gabrielle Chanel. I love the commercial Chanel n5. Now that's more chanel.
I like Blake/Serena but I just dont see her for chanel.

SO sick of the tweenie influence on fashion. Give me a real woman in Chanel. Or at least a model and call it what it is: Fashion. Chanel is a fashion house, not a tabloid or a CW show.

Completely agree. If all they want is a pretty face then they should hire a model.

SO sick of the tweenie influence on fashion. Give me a real woman in Chanel. Or at least a model and call it what it is: Fashion. Chanel is a fashion house, not a tabloid or a CW show.

I couldn't agree any better

where are the likes of ines de la fressange
220cd657.jpg

and Carole bouquet
72f0b78e.jpg