Blackberry (T-Mobile?) Commercial With Red Handbag...

Jan 21, 2007
I'm hoping some of you might know the commercial I'm about to describe. I'm interested in the little red handbag featured in this commercial...

It's a commercial for a cell phone / cell phone plan. I'm pretty sure it's promoting a Blackberry phone and I think the service might be T-Mobile. The storyline of the commercial promotes the Blackberry but is centered around a group of business people who see a red handbag worn on a runway and then decide to buy 500 pieces of it for their store. Next shot shows the red bag arriving in store (a store clerk pulls the red handbag out of a box stuffed w/ Styrofoam peanuts). Next shot shows someone finding (on their Blackberry) that a famous celebrity was seen wearing the little red handbag. Final shot shows a guy checking his Blackberry and seeing that sales have now gone through the roof for the little red handbag (he's in an airport and throws his arms in the air w/ triumph after seeing this message on his Blackberry).

Now for the bag... the purse in the commercial is small and red, and seems to be made of rubbery or a floppy, plastic-y leather material. It looks almost as if it were put together by red square Lego bricks.

What I'm really trying to find out is the designer or artist that created that bag and if it's actually sold anywhere? And does anyone know the brand of cellphone/service in the commercial? I may be able to start my hunt with that...

I have not seen the ad, but I know for a fact that there are sites put together by fans of ads that list the songs and products used. Just do a bunch of google searches until you get it. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but there is a good one that I go to every time a song in an ad drives me crazy and I have to find out who it is by. Also, maybe a youtube search because you know somebody has posted it up there. Good luck :smile: