Blackberry or Iphone?

i used both iphone before and currently using blackberry curve. I love the blackberry. Iphone is very fancy... and nice looking and cool function but i think blackberry is much more reliable.. because for my iphone I wont get any sms when I have a voice message cos iphone couldnt recongize the phone number format for voicemail box..

I think iphone is ok for email if you dont have too much to receive and reply.

While blackberry is not so fancy but the curve looks good and light. and it is reliable and i love the instant email !!

There must have been a problem with your particular phone, then, because I have no problems getting texts when I have voicemail also. One should not affect the other.

Also, IMO, iphone is better for email in that you get full html email on it (pictures and stuff) whereas on the blackberry, currently that is not supported, so emails look like a sea of links and gibberish. To me, wading through all of that mess to get to the actual email was very frustrating.

i'm in canada too and i'm also waiting for the bold to come out. i debated getting the curve but wanted more time to think about signing up for a 3 year data plan (yikes). rogers told me that it will for sure be out before either september or the end of september but could even be earlier.

i can't get the iphone cause i had a touch phone before (LG prada) and i hated it with a passion. i have long nails and touch phones just make me :cursing:. i need buttons! hopefully the bold's web browsing can come close to the iphone since that's the main thing i wanna do on a blackberry. i don't need it for work so it'd just be for fun. :shame:

lol, I'm not using mine for work either. I have the Pearl right now but would like to eventually upgrade to the Bold when it comes out (I probably won't end up actually doing so for a few months after it comes out though).

I know what you mean about needing buttons! I haven't been keeping my nails long but I still prefer having an actual physical keyboard.

The Touch/iPhone have the best browser I've seen on a mobile device...I'm not sure how close the Bold's browser will be, but I did upgrade the OS on my Pearl recently (to OS 4.5) and the browser is a lot nicer than it was before. Still not on the same level as Safari, but noticably better. The OS on the Bold is 4.6 if I recall correctly, so hopefully the browser will be even more improved!

i'm wondering if i should get both?? I'm about to start a new job which requires conference calls etc..

perhaps one for personal use (iphone), and one for business (blackberry curve)??

do a lot of people use two phones??

Yeah, I know a lot of people who use 2 phones. I have the iphone and I love it, but I will say that I am having a difficult time adjusting to the keyboard. I think I need to shorten my nails for one, but really, blackberry's keyboard is just the best. However, the browser and media functions on the blackberry stink, so I suppose it all boils down to what you need it for. Since I am a stay-at-home mommy I use it for just personal and play stuff, so I'm going to give myself a while to get used to the keyboard, because, well, besides that, the phone just rocks!!

I have the Blackberry curve and like it a lot! There are a few things I would like them to improve on (i.e. adding better browser capabilities, adding 3G, adding video recording, etc.) but for the most part I'm happy with it. Initially I wanted to get the iphone when it first came out but I knew that eventually they would be coming out with a newer and more improved second generatoin iphone so I decided to wait and got the Curve instead. I'm sticking with my blackberry for now!!! I might also get the iphone in the future though but I'm happy with what I got. I think that both phones have pros and cons.

BLACKBERRY!!! the iphone is just so hard to type with and not practical for emails, etc. because it messes up alot with the small keys on the screen..i guess i just prefer real keypads.

Blackberry Curve. I use mine for business when I'm abroad and it's great. The Qwerty keyboard is unrivalled when it comes to typing a long email. I've been delighted with my Curve.