Black vs Grey

aubreyjane

O.G.
May 25, 2008
:shrugs: I just don't know what to do. I want to purchase the HH Tharpe but I don't know if I should get it in black or grey and wanted to get your opinions. TIA!!!!

mlinky

O.G.
Jul 18, 2006
Personally, I have to own a basic black day bag, and I think that a black Tharpe would be great. OTOH, if you already have a great black bag, go for the gray. The Tharpe looks good in the gray, and it is a useful medium cool tone gray.

leothelnss

buried in bags
O.G.
Jan 31, 2008
That's tough. Either!
If it were me I would get the grey, since as of right now I don't have any grey bags.

TALIA

Dec 8, 2006
I have this in grey and the colour is beautiful. Medium steel grey. It is a cool toned grey, you can see the blue undertones but is definately grey not blue. If you already have a black bag you like, definately go for the grey. It is neutral enough to go with anything imo.

aubreyjane

O.G.
May 25, 2008
I do not have a grey bag either, in fact I have never owned a grey bag and I think that is why I am hesitant in going that route, the black bag feels safe and I know it will go with everything...but the grey looks soooo pretty.

Kkay

May 18, 2008
I have the grey tharpe and it really is a beautiful color! I was trying to think of how best to describe it, but Talia got it better than I could ever put into words. I will say though, that I also have a black mercer TC, so I didn't feel like I needed another black bag in the tharpe. I also have a tendency to wear a lot of black (I know I know.. trying to break the habit) and the grey looks FABULOUS against black.. mm... As with all HH bags, the leather is very very soft, I love it!

I have this in grey and the colour is beautiful. Medium steel grey. It is a cool toned grey, you can see the blue undertones but is definately grey not blue. If you already have a black bag you like, definately go for the grey. It is neutral enough to go with anything imo.

aubreyjane

O.G.
May 25, 2008
I have the grey tharpe and it really is a beautiful color! I was trying to think of how best to describe it, but Talia got it better than I could ever put into words. I will say though, that I also have a black mercer TC, so I didn't feel like I needed another black bag in the tharpe. I also have a tendency to wear a lot of black (I know I know.. trying to break the habit) and the grey looks FABULOUS against black.. mm... As with all HH bags, the leather is very very soft, I love it!
I too wear a lot of black...do you find that it goes well with other colors as well?? I was really pretty sure I was going with the black but now I am starting to change my mind! Decisions, Decisions!!! :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:

leothelnss

buried in bags
O.G.
Jan 31, 2008
^ Grey goes with pretty much everything black does. If you're worried about it not being neutral enough, don't! lol

cooper1

wag more, bark less
O.G.
Aug 11, 2007
The Dirty South
Grey!
I think the Tharpe looks fabulous in grey! The color really shows off the detail of the bag.
There are so many beautiful black bags out there, but HH does a gorgeous grey!

amsidsnow

snowbabe
Jun 23, 2008
Singapore
I say go for the grey! I have tharpe in grey. I wear a lot of black too and the grey gives my outfit a bit of a pop! Black is safe and classic but sometimes maybe a tad too boring..IMO. Grey goes basically well with almost all colors.. i saw in the stores how they displayed grape, eggplant shirts against grey bottoms or grey sweaters with a grey bag.. it goes nicely for fall! :tup:Good luck choosing! Either way both colors are great! U will never go wrong with HH as the leather is soft and detailing are brilliant!

HighFashionista

AKA Becky Bloomwood
Jan 12, 2008
Southern Suburbia
I have the Tharpe in grey and I love it! I have several black bags but this is the only grey bag I have. So I would say if you already have a basic black bag then go for the grey! It is a popular color this fall and will go with a lot and be a nice change from black. And I agree with everybody else, this is a very pretty grey. Please let us know what you decide! :smile: