Black vs. brown/which is more versatile?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I tend to wear lots of black. I want a very classic bag and finally tracked down my dream bag but it's brown not black like I initially wanted. I may never be able to find the black in the style I want , so would the brown be ok with my wardrobe? It's chocolate brown with gold hardware, a Lanvin.

Thanks for thoughts!

2. Black goes with everything and is very forgiving.

3. Yes. Chocolate Brown looks great with Black outfits. I was leaning toward Chocolate Brown Muse (over Black) as well.

4. I would think choc brown looks great w/gold hardware and seems less formal to me. I sooo want black but I don't think it's going to happen.

Choc Brown Muse = yum!

5. I'm a HUGE chocolate brown fan myself. No matter how hard I try to love black, I always find myself gravitating toward browns. I definitely think brown goes well with black. And brown with gold hardware is a wonderful combination.

I'm going to second the chocolate brown Muse "yum" comment! The chocolate brown Muse is delicious!

6. Sorry for getting off-topic. I just cannot decide on Muse, White is my 1st choice but it's hard to maintain. Not only would I be concerned about getting it dirty, would it turn yellow over time? When I saw Black and Chocolate Brown Muse in person as well, Chocolate Brown looked better to me. I have to pick between White and Chocolate Brown now...

Twinklette, I wear a lot of blacks too.

7. brown definitely is my vote! I wouldn't take the chance with white.

8. same here, i like brown more than black ^^;

i think black goes well with almost every color, so go get the bag~ :lol: !!

9. Yay girls! Thanks for helping me out. I can't wait and will post pics when I get her.

10. My vote would be for the Chocolate Brown. Not only will it be easier to maintain, you will be able to use it year-round. I'm not a stickler for the "no white after Labor Day" rule, but I think the shade of white really determines whether a bag will be functional 365 days of the year. I'm not so sure I would use the White Muse in the winter time.

Twinklette, I look forward to seeing your pictures.

11. While black is the most neutral color and we probably all wear more black clothes, I think of black for fall/winter and wouldn't want to carry it in spring/summer but brown seems to me to be an all year color.

12. I like brown better than either black or white -- I think dark brown goes w/ black, white, anything:smile:

13. Twinklette is getting the brown right? =) YAY!
    Now that I think about it, I don't have any bags/shoes in Brown.
    I am leaning toward Chocolate Brown Muse (or Tan even), but I am back to Square 1 whenever White is in front of me. Read on TFS that Muse will be available in Distressed Patent White soon, maybe Chocolate Brown will be it for me now. =)

14. Between the black and the brown, I would go for the brown.

15. :amuse: my scentiments exactly!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice