Black vertical quilted chanel or Classic quilted flap bag?

April i.

O.G.
Oct 20, 2011
My friend wants to sell me her vintage chanel.It's a black jumbo vertical quilted classic in caviar (ghw). I originally planned to buy a classic jumbo in silver hardware, but i kinda like how the vintage one looks too. I'm torn! Please help me decide!

Would buying the vintage one off your friend satisfy your chanel cravings, or would you still want the classic quilted jumbo? If you still would want the classic jumbo I'd say hold off and get the one you really want.

I think the vintage will satisfy my chanel cravings because i don't have a chanel yet. but one of the reasons i'm liking the classic jumbo in shw is because of the silver hardware. All my LV bags have gold hardware on it and i don't have a designer bag with shw yet. I'm also considering the price of the vintage chanel, she's selling it to me for $2870. Is it worth the price? And also, it doesn't come with an authenticity card, do you think it's ok to buy a chanel without the card?

Sorry for my previous post, i don't know how to delete it:P

To me, get the classic Jumbo chanel in SHW... you will never regret it as the design will stand the test of time...

I personally think that vertical quilted bags are a little "dateable" and you will end up STILL hankering for the classic quilted.... and eventually getting one in SHW that you always wanted... etc... believe me that this is the start of many many many bags to come... ha ha!

Plus, if you purchase it new, you get the Chanel boutique experience, the magnetic box, the camellias and well... bag with SHW!

Be patient... you can do some homework and check out the current going prices for classic flaps around e bay or resellers... perhaps you might even find one that is not too far off from the prices that you are willing to purchase.

What ever you do PLEASE get one of the wonderful ladies here to authenticate it for you... before purchase... this will save you a lot of heartache and headache...

Good luck in your decision and welcome to the Chanel world!

Personally, I quite like the look of the vertical quilted bags, especially because they are vintage and not so widely available now. But, I also think you'll end up wanting to buy the classic jumbo later. So it's up to you to weigh up which you want more and now.

A quick look on eBay and there's not many vertical quilted bags to choose from, but $2k-ish doesn't seem unreasonable comparatively. But this, of course, depends on the condition of the bag. Be sure to post up a picture if you end up buying one!

If in this case, I would prefer to buy my 1st brand new Chanel from boutique. Classic Jumbo in SHW is one of the best choice. You will not regard to own a Classic. It's good to have a vintage as a addition, but no the 1st. Good luck. ;)

I love the ghw too!
OP, If your heart is set on the vintage, go for it! But if you want a jumbo in the future, you might need to get it now, as the purse is due for another crazy price increase soon.

I really like the vintage look, it's more unique. I like the ghw as well. However, I do love the classic flap and I know that if I chose the vintage, no matter how happy I was with it I would always have the classic in the back of my mind.

image-2463974572.jpg
I found this from the net, i forgot which site i got it from but it looks exactly the same as the bag that my friend is selling me. I can't post the pic of her bag coz her name's on the pic and she wants it private so i went up and looked for something similar:smile:

To me, get the classic Jumbo chanel in SHW... you will never regret it as the design will stand the test of time...

I personally think that vertical quilted bags are a little "dateable" and you will end up STILL hankering for the classic quilted.... and eventually getting one in SHW that you always wanted... etc... believe me that this is the start of many many many bags to come... ha ha!

Plus, if you purchase it new, you get the Chanel boutique experience, the magnetic box, the camellias and well... bag with SHW!

Be patient... you can do some homework and check out the current going prices for classic flaps around e bay or resellers... perhaps you might even find one that is not too far off from the prices that you are willing to purchase.

What ever you do PLEASE get one of the wonderful ladies here to authenticate it for you... before purchase... this will save you a lot of heartache and headache...

Good luck in your decision and welcome to the Chanel world!

Thank you!:smile: yes, once i bought the bag i will post it here so u ladies can check and authenticate it for me.:smile: i'm still not sure what to get though, i would love to have that chanel boutique experience!:love: unfortunately, i'm going to need more moolah to spend on a brand new one.i heard a brand new jumbo costs around 5000 bucks! And i really really wanna have the bag before the year ends because i wanted to use it on 3 weddings i'll be attending to.Actually, i would be more happy to have it on november, which by the way is my birth month, so i'll have it as a gift for myself!:biggrin::loveeyes:

Personally, I quite like the look of the vertical quilted bags, especially because they are vintage and not so widely available now. But, I also think you'll end up wanting to buy the classic jumbo later. So it's up to you to weigh up which you want more and now.

A quick look on eBay and there's not many vertical quilted bags to choose from, but $2k-ish doesn't seem unreasonable comparatively. But this, of course, depends on the condition of the bag. Be sure to post up a picture if you end up buying one!

I like the rareness of the vertical too. Yep, i still need to check the condition of the bag before i decide wether to get it or to wait and get the classic in shw instead. Absolutely! I will post pics of the bag i'll be getting:smile: