Black trousers that stay black?

bakeacookie

Nov 2, 2008
Black trousers are my go to for work. Everything goes with black trousers.

But I'm having trouble finding ones that stay black. I've only had luck with one pair of Hugo Boss trousers, but those were dry clean only, so I guess that's why they stay black.

I'd like to find some black trousers that are mostly cotton and stay black longer than most.
-Preferably not dry clean, but if that's the only route to go to keep trousers black, then I will.
-Not the stretch material where you have to wear seamless undies to avoid obvious panty lines either. Those aren't flattering on me. :sad: Thick(er) material only.
-If it comes in petite, that's awesome. If not, I'll go to my tailor.

So I'll do anything for a good quality pair of black trousers. I just need help finding them.

Help?

generally black cotton pants wont retain the black as long as other fabrics.
its just the fiber itself, not to do with the quality.

just re-dye the pants if they arent worn out and re-blackify them :smile:

generally black cotton pants wont retain the black as long as other fabrics.
its just the fiber itself, not to do with the quality.

just re-dye the pants if they arent worn out and re-blackify them :smile:

Is there a better fiber to look for? I just don't like clingy pants.

And does re-dying work? Been wondering if it will, I'd so try that.

I've had great luck with wool pants (dresses, skirts). I do dry clean, but even hand washing with woolite dark keeps the color well.

A lot of brands use a wool blend- maybe look for that?

I've had no luck with cotton anything retaining it's color unless dry cleaned sadly :sad:

I've had great luck with wool pants (dresses, skirts). I do dry clean, but even hand washing with woolite dark keeps the color well.

A lot of brands use a wool blend- maybe look for that?

I've had no luck with cotton anything retaining it's color unless dry cleaned sadly :sad:

Ooh okay! I'll try wool blend!

Any brands you recommend?

yep, go for wool fibers. Even with machine wash, they retain the colour better.
Although.. wool tends to be abit more clingy than cotton

That's okay. There's this material that shows everything underneath. It's super thin and a common women's suit material and I absolutely hate it. It's staticky too.

I do have a pair of grey wool trousers and they're comfy. Clingy yes, but in a more forgiving way I think. I don't have to wear special undies most of the time with these.

I'll look for wool trousers now. :smile:

Ooh okay! I'll try wool blend!

Any brands you recommend?

For pants I actually head over to www.yoox.com and browse there (they have a 70% off sale going on right now) and just browse by color/size, and it's great because they list the composition of every item - so I just take a look and see, if something is like 30-50% wool, and other fibers it's usually lighter weight (for Spring/Summer), if it's 80-100% wool then I buy it for the Fall/Winter :smile:

For pants I actually head over to www.yoox.com and browse there (they have a 70% off sale going on right now) and just browse by color/size, and it's great because they list the composition of every item - so I just take a look and see, if something is like 30-50% wool, and other fibers it's usually lighter weight (for Spring/Summer), if it's 80-100% wool then I buy it for the Fall/Winter :smile:

Oh that's great! Thank you for the break down. I wouldn't have a clue how much wool should be in my trousers for the seasons, lol.

Definitely going to start looking. Need proper black trousers.

Still tempted to dye my current ones to see if that works. Lol.