Black Trench vs. Tan Trench

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Love both colors. I have enjoyed wearing both tan and black over the years. I think the black is more flattering ,maybe because it is sleek and has a little stretch in the fabric.

2. My co-worker said the same about the black color :smile: I just love how the classic tan trench looks...but most likely will get the tan. Thanks for your reply.

3. hands down- the tan one.
    w/the tan one- you get to see the details. w/the black one, not so much.
    plus it doesn't get more classic than a tan trench!

4. I'm confused about the colour you asy 'tan' the caption says 'Color: Khaki'

classically that colour is called beige and sometimes stone

'Tan' is a classic colour (the natural colour of tanned leather) - but I do not see a tan mac anywhere

5. It depends on your colouring too. I'm really pale, and I find that tan just washes me out.

6. If you can afford it, get both. I have both black and beige trench coats. It really depends on the climate/season & what I'm wearing underneath.

However, I think you can't go wrong with the beige one. BTW, it a great style.

7. Megan : I am tan / olive? I wear nc40 in MAC and have black hair, not sure if that helps? Thanks for the pointer though!

8. Agree.

9. I have a black trench coat and although I love wearing it I am on the hunt for a tan trench coat as I think that would be more versatile. I feel that tan would work with more colors and the black trench could be a bit dark for spring.

10. I personally wear black more than tan even though the tan is more of a "classic" look. I have a tan trenchcoat I've never worn.

As a side note, how do you keep your trenchcoats from wrinkling? I also have a navy trench from Banana Republic, I've worn it 3 times, it's SO wrinkled :sad:

11. Thank you all so much for your help! I think I will end up getting both. I love the way a trench seems to pull together looks however I'm still unable to decide :nogood:

12. Haha you should be fine-I'm *really* pale (I always wear the lightest shade in makeup).

13. I wear a lot of white, black, and some color, but my khaki trench from Gap Outlet suits it all! I like how refreshing it looks with my outfits, because all my other coats are black ;)

14. i prefer black, i just find tan looks bad on me