Black Totes under $500

PBinsider

Purse Blog Insider
May 9, 2013
If I had a dollar for every hour I have spend looking at black totes, well, I could buy a new black tote. Actually, a LOT of black totes.

PurseForum looked at five black totes under $500, and I know there are lots more out there and I would love to see yours!

And, what the heck, why not throw in come over $500, too!

Black-Tote-Bags-under-500.jpg

Here's mine, but it's not under $500, more like $875.

It's the reversible onyx tote from Tiffany's & Co.
But it's exactly the same inside and out, both sides are black.

It's a great tote. Excellent quality, very lightweight, great size, and comfortable to wear on on the shoulder.

Here's a few pics.

Attachments

• tiff tote 1.jpg
    tiff tote 1.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 485
  • tiff tote 2.jpg
    tiff tote 2.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 528
  • tiff tote 3.jpg
    tiff tote 3.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 379
I am intrigued by Dillon Des Pres' mason tote. It has a black base but veg tanned body that will patina over time. The straps are bridle straps!
I wished the website had more information on returns and refunds.

It's a great tote. Excellent quality, very lightweight, great size, and comfortable to wear on on the shoulder.

Here's a few pics.

This is beautiful!!

Here's a few pics.

That is a classy looking bag.

If I had a dollar for every hour I have spend looking at black totes, well, I could buy a new black tote. Actually, a LOT of black totes.

LOL, I love that statement!

Massaccesi Handbags just debuted a new style named "Selene" and it is available in Black Pebbled. I will attach pictures below in a different color just to show you the style and size.

All of Marco Massaccesi's bags are handmade one at a time, in Italy, from start to finish. He creates each bag using old school traditional leather working methods that were taught to him by his father (and previously his father's father). I completely adore that there is no mass production and each bag is made one at time. He selects the finest leathers from the best tanneries in Italy himself and then back he goes to his workshop to create some magic!

The price point is extremely reachable for many women, this Selene is $350.

I own two of his handbags and the quality is impeccable. I plan on placing my next order this week. He is a bit of a hidden gem right now, though I do not suspect for long.

s2_zps45b5bbb4.jpg

s_zps406046ec.jpg

MZ Wallace is known for their black totes. All under $500! Some are leather, some are nylon. Here is just one great example. I love this bag!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 284
I love the Annabel Ingall Isabella totes. Small is $415 and large is $465.

I had that Annabel Ingall tote in Military Green, the large size.
It's a heavy tote, even empty. Full, it was too much.
Winded up giving it to my mom and getting the Tiffany one. Same style, but much lighter.

I am loving and enjoying my black bags! Black is the more versatile of neutrals, and lower maintenance than white. I do not have many black clothes, but I love black bags. That and grey bags too.